From: Julie Bove on

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" <juliebove(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message

>>> I'm getting it from Adobe. It installs and reports the installation is
>>> complete, but it doesn't work. I'm using IE ... Security was set to
>>> Custom, for some unknown reason, so I set it back to Med-High which is
>>> the default setting, and it didn't help.
>>
>> You might have to uninstall and reinstall. I have XP but found I was
>> having a problem with certain applications. Doing this seemed to work.
>>

> Uninstalled and Reinstalled several times.
>
> What I have not tried is to Uninstall and then Install an earlier version
> of the Flash Player from Adobe's archives.

Ah... I had to do that once myself. I can't remember the issue now. Seems
it was a few years ago. Something about it not being compatible with
something or other I needed to do. That's all I can remember.

Last time I did the uninstall and reinstall (which was recently), they did
an update to it not long after. Luckily that didn't cause any problems.

From: Jeff Strickland on

> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie Bove" <juliebove(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> You might have to uninstall and reinstall. I have XP but found I was
>>> having a problem with certain applications. Doing this seemed to work.
>>>

>> Uninstalled and Reinstalled several times.
>>
>> What I have not tried is to Uninstall and then Install an earlier version
>> of the Flash Player from Adobe's archives.
>
> Ah... I had to do that once myself. I can't remember the issue now.
> Seems it was a few years ago. Something about it not being compatible
> with something or other I needed to do. That's all I can remember.
>
> Last time I did the uninstall and reinstall (which was recently), they did
> an update to it not long after. Luckily that didn't cause any problems.

Are you running Vista, IE8, and Flash 10 Player?

From: Julie Bove on

> "Julie Bove" <juliebove(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Julie Bove" <juliebove(a)verizon.net> wrote in message

>>> Uninstalled and Reinstalled several times.
>>>
>>> What I have not tried is to Uninstall and then Install an earlier
>>> version of the Flash Player from Adobe's archives.
>>
>> Ah... I had to do that once myself. I can't remember the issue now.
>> Seems it was a few years ago. Something about it not being compatible
>> with something or other I needed to do. That's all I can remember.
>>
>> Last time I did the uninstall and reinstall (which was recently), they
>> did an update to it not long after. Luckily that didn't cause any
>> problems.
>>

> Are you running Vista, IE8, and Flash 10 Player?

No. Sorry.

From: Robert Baer on
Jeff Strickland wrote:
> I'm running Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, and IE8.
>
> I "installed" Flash 10 Active X add-on, but it does not run. Pages with
> known Flash are displayed blank where the ActiveX content is supposed to be.
> I have XP machines running IE8 and the Flash 10 player, and the content
> works properly.
>
> I think the problem is in Vista, since the XP machines work right.
>
> The Flash Player says the installation is complete, and there is a file
> listed in the Programs & Features section of the Control Panel. I can
> Uninstall, reboot, then Install, and the entry will drop and come back, but
> the add-on does not run. Of course, since it's a free player, Adobe does not
> provide support that is worth a damn, even when the troubleshooting guide
> takes you to a phone number that makes no mention of the support that isn't
> available -- an hour on hold, twice, before they told me they don't have
> phone support.
>
> There IS an entry in the Programs and Features section, but there is no
> entry in START>ALL PROGRAMS to fire off the Flash Player by itself then seek
> out Flash content with File>Open.
>
> Is there an issue with the Flash Player and IE8 running under Vista? I can't
> find a setting that has disabled Flash from playing, but that doesn't mean
> there isn't one.

You have serious problems in River City.
1) You are using "Vista".
2) You are using Insanity Exasperating.
....and the THIRD strike in this ball game,
3) You insist on using this known garbage.
From: Ken on
Jeff Strickland wrote:
> "Julie Bove"<juliebove(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jeff Strickland"<crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Julie Bove"<juliebove(a)verizon.net> wrote in message

>>> Uninstalled and Reinstalled several times.
>>>
>>> What I have not tried is to Uninstall and then Install an earlier version
>>> of the Flash Player from Adobe's archives.
>>
>> Ah... I had to do that once myself. I can't remember the issue now.
>> Seems it was a few years ago. Something about it not being compatible
>> with something or other I needed to do. That's all I can remember.
>>
>> Last time I did the uninstall and reinstall (which was recently), they did
>> an update to it not long after. Luckily that didn't cause any problems.
>>

> Are you running Vista, IE8, and Flash 10 Player?

I do not know if this will apply to your problem, but I use a Mozilla
browser and have had problems installing Flash in the past. The problem
was that for some reason (perhaps a previous version's location) the
updated version was placing the plugin file NPSWF32.dll in the wrong
folder. You might check to see if this file resides in the folder where
your plugins are. If not, you could search for the file then copy and
paste it into the folder containing your plugins. If it works, fine.
If it doesn't, then delete the pasted file.