From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kir=E1ly?= on
Mike Rosenberg <mikePOST(a)togroupmacconsult.com> wrote:
> It's interesting that someone would believe such a thing (rather than
> that he has a local problem), considering that Elements 3, 4 and 6 all
> work with Snow Leopard.

Any hack to get Elements 2 to work, even on 10.5? That was by far my
favourite version.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
From: Mike Rosenberg on
Kir�ly <me(a)home.spamsucks.ca> wrote:

> Any hack to get Elements 2 to work, even on 10.5? That was by far my
> favourite version.

Sorry, none that I've ever heard of.

--
Favorite yoga position: Rosh hashavasana, the high holy pose

Mac and geek T-shirts & gifts <http://designsbymike.net/shop/mac.cgi>
Prius shirts/bumper stickers <http://designsbymike.net/shop/prius.cgi>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_Ekl=F6f?= on
Kir�ly <me(a)home.spamsucks.ca> wrote:

> Mike Rosenberg <mikePOST(a)togroupmacconsult.com> wrote:
> > It's interesting that someone would believe such a thing (rather than
> > that he has a local problem), considering that Elements 3, 4 and 6 all
> > work with Snow Leopard.
>
> Any hack to get Elements 2 to work, even on 10.5? That was by far my
> favourite version.

Elements 2 was supported in Mac OS X 10.1.3 through 10.1.5, and
unofficially said to work on 10.2.1. Figure the rest...

--
I recommend Macs to my friends, and Windows machines
to those whom I don't mind billing by the hour
From: Mike Rosenberg on
Anders Ekl�f <andekl_no(a)saaf_spam.se> wrote:

> Elements 2 was supported in Mac OS X 10.1.3 through 10.1.5, and
> unofficially said to work on 10.2.1. Figure the rest...

Oh, it worked fine through 10.4.11, fails on launch from 10.5 on. It
continued to be the version distributed with some Epson scanners long
after Elements 3 and even 4 were out, and it continued to install and
work without a hitch until Leopard killed it.

From: David Stone on
In article <1jkhcuz.b8o5uh9zt2gqN%mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com>,
mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

> Anders Eklöf <andekl_no(a)saaf_spam.se> wrote:
>
> > Elements 2 was supported in Mac OS X 10.1.3 through 10.1.5, and
> > unofficially said to work on 10.2.1. Figure the rest...
>
> Oh, it worked fine through 10.4.11, fails on launch from 10.5 on. It
> continued to be the version distributed with some Epson scanners long
> after Elements 3 and even 4 were out, and it continued to install and
> work without a hitch until Leopard killed it.

I have a couple of games that ran fine on 10.4.x but fail to launch
on 10.5. For these, the fix is to right-click on the application icon,
select "Show Package Contents", then launch the executable from within
Contents > MacOs (it will have a console/terminal command-line icon
- a black screen with the word 'exec' in green on it).

I don't know if this will work for Elements, especially since there
may be other reasons why it won't work (particularly if it requires
carbon!), but it's worth a shot. If it does work, make an alias to
the executable to save having to open the package each time.