From: //o//annabee on
P� Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:19:34 +0100, skrev Betov <betov(a)free.fr>:

> //\\\\o//\\\\annabee <Wannabee.Wannabee.org> �crivait
>
>> P� Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:56:10 +0100, skrev Betov <betov(a)free.fr>:
>>
>>> //\\\\o//\\\\annabee <Wannabee.Wannabee.org> �crivait

>>> Impossible.
>>
>> What I did was, that I copied the Equates.equ to "Copy of Equates.equ"
>> then I loaded "Equates.equ" into a texteditor, and deleted all content.
>> the I launched RosAsm2046a and checked that the path was pointing to the
>> path of the file I had edited.
>>
>> I repeated this step now.
>>
>> I just recompiled CurrentProject, and MonsterMediaEx
>>
>> No problem.
>
> Solutions:
>
> * Either you did not deleted what RosAsm uses.
>
> * Or you have zero &EQUATE in your Sources. :)

I have Zero equates in the Equates.equ file. (an empty file)

But in my sources....

call 'USER32.MessageBoxA' &NULL HexPrintString Hiho &MB_SYSTEMMODAL__&MB_OK

&MEM_TOP_DOWN, &MEM_RESERVE etc etc 80000 lines.

So there is at least some.

If I go to configuration dialog and "select all", "copy" on the Editbox
which has the browse button in front of it, and paste it into explorer
editbox, I arrive at the same place where I have the 0 bytes Equates.equ.

What you say, that it should not work, makes lots of sense, of course. But
the fact is that it does, nevertheless.

Have you tried repeating it? What happens, or should happen then? I have
confirmed that my registry contains the same string, but I see that the
registry is now all binary values, even for strings. Is it supposed to be
like that now? = You changed it?

From: Betov on

> call 'USER32.MessageBoxA' &NULL HexPrintString Hiho
> &MB_SYSTEMMODAL__&MB_OK
>
> &MEM_TOP_DOWN, &MEM_RESERVE etc etc 80000 lines.
>
> So there is at least some.

Proof that you did not delete what it uses. You probably
have one target Folder in the Registry config and another
one in the File Config, or something like this. RosAsm is
not yet robust enough, for inventing the files it needs,
when they do not exist, or for rebuilding them after you
had arased their content.

:))

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: //o//annabee on
P� Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:39:08 +0100, skrev Betov <betov(a)free.fr>:

> //\\\\o//\\\\annabee <Wannabee.Wannabee.org> �crivait
>
>> call 'USER32.MessageBoxA' &NULL HexPrintString Hiho
>> &MB_SYSTEMMODAL__&MB_OK
>>
>> &MEM_TOP_DOWN, &MEM_RESERVE etc etc 80000 lines.
>>
>> So there is at least some.
>
> Proof that you did not delete what it uses. You probably
> have one target Folder in the Registry config and another
> one in the File Config, or something like this.

The registry and config dialog points both at the same folder.
That folder is the same where I have a equates.equ file of size 0.
Programs compile, but autocompletion does not work.
No other directory on disk, that is part of any path contains the file.

I have a config.bin file, but only one, and its is in a directory of one
of my projects. (Deleted) Deleteting it doesnt change any of the facts
that RosAsm still compiles my projects without problems.

the funny thing is, that if I rename the empty Equates.equ, to
equates.equa and try to reassign the directory, RosAsm says that the file
is not there, and asks if I like to try again. I then rename the empty
file back to Equates.equ, and now it is accepted. And the compilation now
succeeds again.

This proves that there is something fishy going on.

> RosAsm is
> not yet robust enough, for inventing the files it needs,
> when they do not exist, or for rebuilding them after you
> had arased their content.

Well, it _seems_ like it is able to :)

Obviously, something is playing tricks on me, and it be interessting to
find out what.

So what _should_ happen when I compile the source with a equates file that
is empty?

From: Betov on

> P� Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:39:08 +0100, skrev Betov <betov(a)free.fr>:
>
>> //\\\\o//\\\\annabee <Wannabee.Wannabee.org> �crivait
>>
>>> call 'USER32.MessageBoxA' &NULL HexPrintString Hiho
>>> &MB_SYSTEMMODAL__&MB_OK

Are you arasing the file content, _while_ RosAsm is runing?

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >
From: //o//annabee on
P� Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:27:12 +0100, skrev Betov <betov(a)free.fr>:

> //\\\\o//\\\\annabee <Wannabee.Wannabee.org> �crivait
>
>> P� Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:39:08 +0100, skrev Betov <betov(a)free.fr>:
>>
>>> //\\\\o//\\\\annabee <Wannabee.Wannabee.org> �crivait

> Are you arasing the file content, _while_ RosAsm is runing?

no. It still works after restarting RosAsm.