From: Evenbit on
They didn't throw enough ASM into it, but:

http://www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com/

Nathan.

From: Betov on
"Evenbit" <nbaker2328(a)charter.net> �crivait news:1171909759.732064.311880
@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> half the code prolly don't work no more.

err: Half's code works.

:)

> But someone 'could' update it... and re-write most of the code in
> ASM... _then_ we'd have something more useful than Betov's suggested
> "beginner's tutes" which we already have 'too many' of!

Oh! Really? May i push you at doing an effort?

:)

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Evenbit on
On Feb 19, 2:36 pm, Betov <b...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> > How's come, when I delete the Equates file, RotAsm go BOOM!???
>
> You are probably confusing with another tool, which is well known
> for creating no-end problems to its victims:

Spasm?? :)

> When RosAsm does not find out its Equates file, it opens the Help
> System for explaining what to do, and when the help is closed, it
> automatically runs the Configuration.

NASM works just fine without an Equates file, so I conclude that an
Equates file is *not required* and is *not germain* to assembly
programming.

Why not leave it up to the programmer to define his own equates (or
'include' the file) if he wants them?

Why would a "real assembler(TM)" be broken when the Equates are not
present???

Nathan.

From: Evenbit on
On Feb 19, 1:37 pm, Betov <b...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> "Evenbit" <nbaker2...(a)charter.net> écrivait news:1171909759.732064.311880
> @k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > half the code prolly don't work no more.
>
> err: Half's code works.

His "smoke and mirrors" dog-and-pony shows only impress his non-
programming buddies. :)

> > But someone 'could' update it... and re-write most of the code in
> > ASM... _then_ we'd have something more useful than Betov's suggested
> > "beginner's tutes" which we already have 'too many' of!
>
> Oh! Really? May i push you at doing an effort?

You got RosAsm compiled for Linux now?? No? I guess I will have to
write the examples using HLA. ;)

To my knowledge, the legendary Luxasm still hides in some undiscovered
Egyptian tomb. Perhaps we can hope that Beth is busy digging-up the
Sahara with her solar-powered shovel. :)

Nathan.

From: //o//annabee on
P� Tue, 20 Feb 2007 04:29:48 +0100, skrev Evenbit <nbaker2328(a)charter.net>:

> On Feb 19, 2:36 pm, Betov <b...(a)free.fr> wrote:
>> > How's come, when I delete the Equates file, RotAsm go BOOM!???
>>
>> You are probably confusing with another tool, which is well known
>> for creating no-end problems to its victims:
>
> Spasm?? :)
>

>> When RosAsm does not find out its Equates file, it opens the Help
>> System for explaining what to do, and when the help is closed, it
>> automatically runs the Configuration.
>
> NASM works just fine without an Equates file, so I conclude that an
> Equates file is *not required* and is *not germain* to assembly
> programming.
>
> Why not leave it up to the programmer to define his own equates (or
> 'include' the file) if he wants them?
>
> Why would a "real assembler(TM)" be broken when the Equates are not
> present???

I just remove all the equates from the EQUATE file.... funnili, all my
apps still compiles no problem. But autocompletion does not work anymore.
But all my allready written equates still works.

Better questions seems to be, Why does it still works, with an empty
equate file?