From: Peter Larsen on
Klay_Anderson wrote:

> On Mar 26, 8:08 am, wardy <conor2...(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi,

>> Advice needed please from all you experts out there.

>> I have a decent background in sound engineering and live mic/desk
>> setups, however I am no expert.
>> I want to find the best way of installing a particular system in a
>> public venue.

>> I am installing a Technics amp with normal Stereo output (+- L and +-
>> R)
>> I have to send the audio thru the amp to 12 separate speakers across
>> a sprawling venue.

> I'd suggest a US company, Edcor. They make matching transformers for
> high power 8-ohms-to-70-volt (so you can use that POS Technics)

Technics is usually not POS, but in the context it may be, in which case it
does not belong in the context.

> and
> vice-versa for step-down at the speaker. They also make line- and
> mic- level transformers and other goodies. Nice folks and you can
> order direct.

On the skill level of the original poster the reply is "bite the sour apple,
get a 70 volt amplifier and 70 volt speakers, most "loudenboomer"
manufacturers DO have a line of small 70 volt boxes and diy'ing what can be
bought ready made over the counter tends to be costlier nowadays. Or do the
series parallel wiring suggested, A suggestion once made to me is to
remember to parallel speakers to pairs and series connect the pairs if ever
I had to make such a setup. Starting out with 16 ohm boxes will simply the
setup greatly!

> Text "Klay" to 50500 for contact info

No comment.

> Yours truly,