From: JD on
Event Type: Information
Event Source: HHCTRL
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1904
Date: 11/19/2009
Time: 9:31:11 PM
User: N/A
The description for Event ID ( 1904 ) in Source ( HHCTRL ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
about:blank, http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45840.

I read the info on the linked page, but it meant nothing to me.
I am not on a network nor connected to a "remote computer" (as far as I
know).
I wonder if it could be related to doing online crossword puzzles at the
Washington Post, LA Times, and SF Chronicle. These events occur now and
then. In this case repeated three times at about 9:30. I think that's around
the time that I was doing the crosswords.
The events are labeled "information" only, not a warning, so they're
apparently not serious. Should I just ignore them?

From: db on
it sounds like that particular file is no longer on the pc or
it has been moved.

what you might try to do is a clean boot and eliminate
all the non microsoft programs and services from
starting up at boot time.

if the error is not longer produced then you have
successfully corrected the problem.

the task is then to figure out which startup or service
is trying to utilize that dll.

another method you might try is to initiate a system
restore point and restore your pc to a time when it
was error free.

however, I would first try the clean boot method.

--
db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Jose on
On Nov 20, 4:56 am, "JD" <ereh...(a)example.com> wrote:
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: HHCTRL
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1904
> Date:  11/19/2009
> Time:  9:31:11 PM
> User:  N/A
> The description for Event ID ( 1904 ) in Source ( HHCTRL ) cannot be found.
> The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
> message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
> able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
> Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
> about:blank,http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45840.
>
> I read the info on the linked page, but it meant nothing to me.
> I am not on a network nor connected to a "remote computer" (as far as I
> know).
> I wonder if it could be related to doing online crossword puzzles at the
> Washington Post, LA Times, and SF Chronicle. These events occur now and
> then. In this case repeated three times at about 9:30. I think that's around
> the time that I was doing the crosswords.
> The events are labeled "information" only, not a warning, so they're
> apparently not serious. Should I just ignore them?

Reduce the number of questions, trial and error troubleshooting
methods, further guessing about what it might be and what might work
by supplying more information:

What Internet Browser are you using and what is the version? (IE6,
IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste
back here.

There would be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name) or whatever appears to
be only your business that you can delete from the paste..

From: JD on
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model E-4100
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2593 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. BF86510A.15A.0030.P05.0305220848, 5/22/2003
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 243.88 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.22 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Under the IE tab I note the following entries that may be relevant:
iecont.dll <File Missing>
iecontlc.dll <File Missing>
ieuinit.inf Not Available 56 KB 6/29/2009 12:40:16 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32
Not Available

"Jose" <jose_ease(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Nov 20, 4:56 am, "JD" <ereh...(a)example.com> wrote:
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: HHCTRL
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1904
> Date: 11/19/2009
> Time: 9:31:11 PM
> User: N/A
> The description for Event ID ( 1904 ) in Source ( HHCTRL ) cannot be
> found.
> The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
> message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
> able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help
> and
> Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
> about:blank,http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45840.
>
> I read the info on the linked page, but it meant nothing to me.
> I am not on a network nor connected to a "remote computer" (as far as I
> know).
> I wonder if it could be related to doing online crossword puzzles at the
> Washington Post, LA Times, and SF Chronicle. These events occur now and
> then. In this case repeated three times at about 9:30. I think that's
> around
> the time that I was doing the crosswords.
> The events are labeled "information" only, not a warning, so they're
> apparently not serious. Should I just ignore them?

Reduce the number of questions, trial and error troubleshooting
methods, further guessing about what it might be and what might work
by supplying more information:

What Internet Browser are you using and what is the version? (IE6,
IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste
back here.

There would be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name) or whatever appears to
be only your business that you can delete from the paste..

Pages: 1
Prev: Schtasks error
Next: Window control icons