From: superjacent on
I upgraded yesterday to Quicken 2010 from 2009. I'm using the
Australian version, on Windows Vista.

When attempting to transfer between accounts I get a message box,
"transfer cancelled" with an "OK" button. I can not transfer money
between accounts.

I've validated the account, all seems to be normal, well no errors
were reported. Any clues please?

Cheers,

Steve.

From: Andrew Patterson on
On Nov 15, 8:54 am, superjacent <superjac...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I upgraded yesterday to Quicken 2010 from 2009.   I'm using the
> Australian version, on Windows Vista.
>
> When attempting to transfer between accounts I get a message box,
> "transfer cancelled" with an "OK" button.   I can not transfer money
> between accounts.
>
> I've validated the account, all seems to be normal, well no errors
> were reported.   Any clues please?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve.

same problem have you found a solution

Andrew
From: superjacent on

> same problem have you found a solution
>
> Andrew

No solution as yet. I reverted back to 2009 in the interim.

I contacted Reckon (Australia), explained the problem but they
couldn't duplicate it. Apparently my 2010 copy was not yet
registered with them, which they talked me through and got that
fixed. At the time I had a sneaking suspicion that maybe it was
somehow related to the non-registration aspect, but that wasn't the
case. In the end the lady on the phone was pushing me to contact
their paid help line at $4.90 per min which I declined. Doesn't seem
right to be paying them to fix a fault of a product I purchased from
them.

In the next few days I might go through the installation process
again, see what happens.

Cheers,

Steve.
From: JBW on
On Nov 23, 6:18 pm, superjacent <superjac...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > same problem have you found a solution
>
> > Andrew
>
> No solution as yet.   I reverted back to 2009 in the interim.
>
> I contacted Reckon (Australia), explained the problem but they
> couldn't duplicate it.   Apparently my 2010 copy was not yet
> registered with them, which they talked me through and got that
> fixed.   At the time I had a sneaking suspicion that maybe it was
> somehow related to the non-registration aspect, but that wasn't the
> case.   In the end the lady on the phone was pushing me to contact
> their paid help line at $4.90 per min which I declined.   Doesn't seem
> right to be paying them to fix a fault of a product I purchased from
> them.
>
> In the next few days I might go through the installation process
> again, see what happens.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve.

No its a problem that has been around for years. Reckon pretend thats
its a mystery because they are a slack bunch who want to vharge you to
fix a bug thats been there since at least 2005. Its all to do with
your currency setting. Somethines when you upgrade it looses the
currency and poof you can't transfer any more. Your account balances
should be prefixed with AU. If they aren't then no transfers anymore.
I am moving away from Quicken for this very reason. Paying them not to
fix a problem they caused in the first place seems a little rich.

We should complain to them as a group. Actually I think there policy
of $4.90 a minute for warranty could be a breach of the trade
practices act, must put in a complaint to ACCC or someone.. Upgrading
may not cause the same problem next time.

Jeff
From: superjacent on
On Nov 25, 4:29 pm, JBW <idje...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 23, 6:18 pm, superjacent <superjac...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > same problem have you found a solution
>
> > > Andrew
>
> > No solution as yet.   I reverted back to 2009 in the interim.
>
> > I contacted Reckon (Australia), explained the problem but they
> > couldn't duplicate it.   Apparently my 2010 copy was not yet
> > registered with them, which they talked me through and got that
> > fixed.   At the time I had a sneaking suspicion that maybe it was
> > somehow related to the non-registration aspect, but that wasn't the
> > case.   In the end the lady on the phone was pushing me to contact
> > their paid help line at $4.90 per min which I declined.   Doesn't seem
> > right to be paying them to fix a fault of a product I purchased from
> > them.
>
> > In the next few days I might go through the installation process
> > again, see what happens.
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > Steve.
>
> No its a problem that has been around for years. Reckon pretend thats
> its a mystery because they are a slack bunch who want to vharge you to
> fix a bug thats been there since at least 2005. Its all to do with
> your currency setting. Somethines when you upgrade it looses the
> currency and poof you can't transfer any more. Your account balances
> should be prefixed with AU. If they aren't then no transfers anymore.
> I am moving away from Quicken for this very reason. Paying them not to
> fix a problem they caused in the first place seems a little rich.
>
> We should complain to them as a group. Actually I think there policy
> of $4.90 a minute for warranty could be a breach of the trade
> practices act, must put in a complaint to ACCC or someone.. Upgrading
> may not cause the same problem next time.
>
> Jeff

From memory after upgrade I think my very first transfer operation was
in fact a transfer between different currencies. I've created a
PayPal account in $US and from that account record my various $US type
transactions. From my $AUD credit card account I transfer money to
the Paypal account (it works under 2009 version). I never noticed
whether AU prefix my account balances but will keep an eye on that the
next time I attempt an upgrade.

So if your moving away from Quicken, what are you moving towards?

Steve.