From: xuemei chang [MSFT] on
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

From your post, we know that the users have adequate permissions to edit
the sub site and list item. Could you please tell me was the site
collection a customized site collection? For example firstly export a site
collection and then import the site collection to a new site collection.

If so, it is a known issue that we cannot edit new list items on customized
site collection and it was fixed in February Cumulative Update, It is
suggested to apply the Cu to fix the issue. Please visit Updates Resource
Center for SharePoint Products and Technologies
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sharepointserver/bb735839.aspx)
to get the latest update.

But for the existed sites that have the issue, you can fix them with the
code of this blog:
http://www.beyondweblogs.com/post/SharePoint-security-access-denied-permissi
on-corruption-problem-Edit-Item-and-Access-Workflows.aspx

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,
Xuemei Chang
Microsoft Online Support

From: Susan on
On Oct 13, 1:39 am, v-xmc...(a)online.microsoft.com (xuemei chang
[MSFT]) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> From your post, we know that the users have  adequate permissions to edit
> the sub site and list item. Could you please tell me was the site
> collection a customized site collection? For example firstly export a site
> collection and then import the site collection to a new site collection.
>
> If so, it is a known issue that we cannot edit new list items on customized
> site collection and it was fixed in February Cumulative Update, It is
> suggested to apply the Cu to fix the issue. Please visit Updates Resource
> Center for SharePoint Products and Technologies
> (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sharepointserver/bb735839.aspx)
> to get the latest update.
>
> But for the existed sites that have the issue, you can fix them with the
> code of this blog:http://www.beyondweblogs.com/post/SharePoint-security-access-denied-p...
> on-corruption-problem-Edit-Item-and-Access-Workflows.aspx
>
> Hope it can help you.
>
> Best Regards,
> Xuemei Chang
> Microsoft Online Support
>
> Get Secure! -www.microsoft.com/security

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Was a resolution found for
existing sites?

Thanks!
Susan
From: xuemei chang [MSFT] on
Hello,

I am interested in this issue. Would you mind letting me know the result of
the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.
I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

To Susan, for the existed sites that have the issue, you can fix them with
the code of this blog:
http://www.beyondweblogs.com/post/SharePoint-security-access-denied-permissi
on-corruption-problem-Edit-Item-and-Access-Workflows.aspx
For your information, I list the workarounds in our internal database:
For existing lists, you can run the following code to fix it. This here is
a sample peace of code that should add the appropriate attribute to the
list having the issue:
void FixField()
{
string RenderXMLPattenAttribute = "RenderXMLUsingPattern"
string weburl = "<http://localhost>"
string listName = "test2"
SPSite site = new SPSite(weburl);
SPWeb web = site.OpenWeb();
SPList list = web.Lists[listName];
SPField f = list.Fields.GetFieldByInternalName("PermMask");
string s = f.SchemaXml;
Console.WriteLine("schemaXml before: " + s);
XmlDocument xd = new XmlDocument();
xd.LoadXml(s);
XmlElement xe = xd.DocumentElement;
if (xe.Attributes[RenderXMLPattenAttribute] == null)
{
XmlAttribute attr =
xd.CreateAttribute(RenderXMLPattenAttribute);
attr.Value = "TRUE"
xe.Attributes.Append(attr);
}
string strXml = xe.OuterXml;
Console.WriteLine("schemaXml after: " + strXml);
f.SchemaXml = strXml;
}

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,