From: JD on
Can anybody please explain how I can do an alphabetical sort by task name? I
have a huge list of sites that are sub-tasks, they weren't entered
alphabetically. I want to be able to highlight one set of sub tasks at a time
and sort them alphabetically but the sort menu doesn't allow me to sort by
task name, the closest thing I can find is to sort by ID. Your assistance
greatly appreciated.
From: Bob J on
JD,

You might try Project --> Sort --> Sort by and then hit the "N" key on your
keyboard to select the name field. If you keep the check mark in the Keep
outline structure selected, the tasks will sort in alphabetical order, within
their groups.

You may want to look at how it comes out and think about maybe using one of
the other text fields or number fields to control your sorting. Task
descriptions (name) can get a bit unreliable as a sorting field at times
depending on who/how the data is being entered.

Bob J