From: Janet Kreinbrink on
Is there a way to set a default so that ftp sites always open in Windows
Explorer (as opposed to opening the ftp site and then "reopening" it using
the "Page/Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer" option)?
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <DA67F2F5-AB68-48D6-B13C-A3211686D705(a)microsoft.com>, Janet
Kreinbrink wrote:
> Is there a way to set a default so that ftp sites always open in Windows
> Explorer (as opposed to opening the ftp site and then "reopening" it using
> the "Page/Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer" option)?

This doesn't seem to be an Office question, but this is an Office support
group.

You might be better off asking this in a Windows support group.

Mention what version of Windows you use and verify that you really mean
Windows Explorer as opposed to Internet Explorer.

Also supply a bit more detail/step-by-step examples of what you're doing, as
it's not clear exactly what you're seeing.

If you simply type ftp://name.of.site into the address bar of Internet
Explorer (or most other browsers) it opens the site directly.

From: Janet Kreinbrink on
OK will do. Sorry about that.

(and the option I'm looking to automate is called Windows Explorer, not
Internet Explorer).

"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

> In article <DA67F2F5-AB68-48D6-B13C-A3211686D705(a)microsoft.com>, Janet
> Kreinbrink wrote:
> > Is there a way to set a default so that ftp sites always open in Windows
> > Explorer (as opposed to opening the ftp site and then "reopening" it using
> > the "Page/Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer" option)?
>
> This doesn't seem to be an Office question, but this is an Office support
> group.
>
> You might be better off asking this in a Windows support group.
>
> Mention what version of Windows you use and verify that you really mean
> Windows Explorer as opposed to Internet Explorer.
>
> Also supply a bit more detail/step-by-step examples of what you're doing, as
> it's not clear exactly what you're seeing.
>
> If you simply type ftp://name.of.site into the address bar of Internet
> Explorer (or most other browsers) it opens the site directly.
>
> .

Pages: 1
Prev: ERROR 1335
Next: Start Menu Folders