From: Sebastian Garth on
>> 1) I can only assume you mean the above speeds are relative to the observer. The answer to (1) is obvious. Yes.

But if the signal is travelling at 50% c and the ship 51%, how then
could the reflected light possibly catch up?

>> When you talk about speeds, you must provide a reference. I assume you mean the spacecraft moves at 0.999999999999999999999c wrt the observer The observer would eventually recceive a very weak long wave signal from the craft and observe it to be moving away at half the above speed.

Why half? Wouldn't it be moving at 0.000000000000000000001 c?
Furthermore, why has such "slow light" never been observed?

>> (3) is nonsense. You should learn what relativity means.

It was a question for your theory, not relativity. Again, for the
addition of velocities to make sense, it would necessarily mean that
the ship is somehow exerting an acceleration upon the light wave,
correct? But if light is massless, then how would this be possible?