From: Androcles on

"Henry Wilson DSc ." <HW@..> wrote in message
> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 07:13:46 -0700 (PDT), PD <thedraperfamily(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Oct 31, 2:26 am, HW@..(Henry Wilson DSc). wrote:

>>> Funny! that sounds just like Netonian definition of speed.
>>
>>That's how it's defined. Now, you will notice that this closing speed
>>does not correspond to a *measurable* quantity. The *measured*
>>relative speed between those two bodies is the measurement done by one
>>of the bodies. And in that case you find that the measured value does
>>not match the numerical difference found in the closing speed. This is
>>where the break with Newtonian physics happens.
>
> OK let's get this straight.

Yes... let's get it straight. DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

From: rotchm on

> Well, if the speed of S2's light is definitely known to be c wrt O2

and...

> and SR says it is closing on O2 at c-v,

But SR does not say that, nor does classical kinematics at that
matter.

From: Androcles on

> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:56:33 -0000, "Androcles"
> <Headmaster(a)Hogwarts.physics_p>
> wrote:
>

>>"Henry Wilson DSc ." <HW@..> wrote in message

>>> OK let's get this straight.
>>
>>Yes... let's get it straight. DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.
>
> ...and do not allow oneself to become one...

I don't but D.umb Sc.umbag after my name, I don't need to lie.

From: Sebastian Garth on
>> To measure OWLS, two synched clocks are required....and SR says it is impossible to synch separated clocks.

Impractical, maybe, but certainly not impossible. Let's say you
syncronize clock C2 with C1 which is located at observatory O1. The
very act of transporting C2 to observatory O2 necessarily means that
upon it's arrival, C2 will be slightly 'younger' than C1, since any
acceleration is going to introduce a time-dialation discrepency,
however minute. Of course, if you knew the exact vectors of motion
then you could adjust accordingly, but again, that just isn't very
practical.

>> Although it is very difficult to measure OWLS from a moving source, it is possible to COMPARE OWLS from two differently moving sources. This can be done using binary stars. ....and both Androcles and I have written substantial computer programs that simulate brightness curves on the basis that lots of
starlight is emitted a c + vcos(xt) wrt us.

That isn't even necessary. If you want to, say, measure the speed of a
light ray originating from an object that is rapidly approaching, just
set up an ordinary two-way light experiment and redirect the incoming
ray to the second observatory.

>> The results show pretty convincingly that Einstein's second postulate is wrong...as is his whole stupid theory..

Nothing is more convincing than a theory confirmed by experiment.
Anything else is just speculative talk, as far as I'm concerned.

From: BURT on
Togetherness in the aether is Unification Principle. Everything exists
together.

Mitch Raemsch