From: Uncle Ben on
On Jul 31, 6:42 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "ben6993"  wrote in message

> On Jul 31, 3:49 am, Uncle Ben <b...(a)greenba.com> wrote:

> > > Androcles rechristened the space LT as "Einstein's expansion" formula:
>
> > > xi = x'/sqrt(1 - v^2/c^2) with x' = x-vt
> > > 1905 paper.
> > > Used correctly, it transforms x coordinates of the same event between
> > > different frames, not lengths directly. Androcles plugs in lengths for
> > > xi, x' without considering what's involved in measuring a length. For
> > > a start, it involves measuring space coordinates at the *same* time
> > > and subtracting them from one another to get a length, if it's moving
> > > in that frame. If the end points remain at the same locations for all
> > > time, then simultaneity doesn't matter.- Hide quoted text -

> > Some ng history, Blackhead:
>
> > This subject has been discussed often, and in some discussions
> > Androcles ha progressed all the way to a length comparison, following
> > Einstein's 1905 paper. I now believe he has got it all right except
> > for the final step, which is assigning values to x' and xi. He agrees
> > in the meaning of the variables x' and xi, including correctly that
> > x' < xi.  Where he goes off the track is to insist that x'=L, and
> > therefore xi= Lgamma.  The correct path is to assign xi=L and conclude
> > that x' = L/gamma.
>
> > The absurdity of this error is the point of this thread.
>
> > Uncle Ben- Hide quoted text -

> >I have been led through all this a few months ago, line at a time of
> >the relevant section of the 1905 paper, by Androcles.  Thank you
> >Androcles.  But my memory of the details have faded.
>
> You poor thing .. falling for androcles lies
>
> >OK, so Androcles is finding that Einstein's beta is 2 for v = 0.866c.
> >In other words, the length of a rod measured in frame k (using xi and
> >tau) is twice as big as it would be if measured in frame K (using x
> >and t).  That's fine isn't it?
>
> Yeup .. it is measured shorter from the moving frame.
>
> >The rod is stationary withinin frame k
>
> So k is the rest frame, and the rod is twice the length that it is measured
> to be in the moving frame K
>
> >so its length is easily
> >measured as L within frame k. (Einstein's paper uses x' instead of L.)
> >So xi=L gives the rod length in frame k.
> >Now what is the rod length in frame K?  Since xi=2x, then x=0.5L.  Ie
> >we see the moving rod as shorter than it is measured in its rest frame.
>
> You just got it backwards .. the same as Ancy .. he can't do simple math and
> things the x/2 is twice as big as x- Hide quoted text -

Check your irony detector. You just reported a false negative. :-)

UB
From: Androcles on

"Uncle Ben" <ben(a)greenba.com> wrote in message
On Jul 31, 6:42 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "ben6993" wrote in message

> On Jul 31, 3:49 am, Uncle Ben <b...(a)greenba.com> wrote:

> > > Androcles rechristened the space LT as "Einstein's expansion" formula:
>
> > > xi = x'/sqrt(1 - v^2/c^2) with x' = x-vt
> > > 1905 paper.
> > > Used correctly, it transforms x coordinates of the same event between
> > > different frames, not lengths directly. Androcles plugs in lengths for
> > > xi, x' without considering what's involved in measuring a length. For
> > > a start, it involves measuring space coordinates at the *same* time
> > > and subtracting them from one another to get a length, if it's moving
> > > in that frame. If the end points remain at the same locations for all
> > > time, then simultaneity doesn't matter.- Hide quoted text -

> > Some ng history, Blackhead:
>
> > This subject has been discussed often, and in some discussions
> > Androcles ha progressed all the way to a length comparison, following
> > Einstein's 1905 paper. I now believe he has got it all right except
> > for the final step, which is assigning values to x' and xi. He agrees
> > in the meaning of the variables x' and xi, including correctly that
> > x' < xi. Where he goes off the track is to insist that x'=L, and
> > therefore xi= Lgamma. The correct path is to assign xi=L and conclude
> > that x' = L/gamma.
>
> > The absurdity of this error is the point of this thread.
>
> > Uncle Ben- Hide quoted text -

> >I have been led through all this a few months ago, line at a time of
> >the relevant section of the 1905 paper, by Androcles. Thank you
> >Androcles. But my memory of the details have faded.
>
> You poor thing .. falling for androcles lies
>
> >OK, so Androcles is finding that Einstein's beta is 2 for v = 0.866c.
> >In other words, the length of a rod measured in frame k (using xi and
> >tau) is twice as big as it would be if measured in frame K (using x
> >and t). That's fine isn't it?
>
> Yeup .. it is measured shorter from the moving frame.
>
> >The rod is stationary withinin frame k
>
> So k is the rest frame, and the rod is twice the length that it is
> measured
> to be in the moving frame K
>
> >so its length is easily
> >measured as L within frame k. (Einstein's paper uses x' instead of L.)
> >So xi=L gives the rod length in frame k.
> >Now what is the rod length in frame K? Since xi=2x, then x=0.5L. Ie
> >we see the moving rod as shorter than it is measured in its rest frame.
>
> You just got it backwards .. the same as Ancy .. he can't do simple math
> and
> things the x/2 is twice as big as x- Hide quoted text -

Check your irony detector. You just reported a false negative. :-)
It takes integrity to admit error.
The defense has rested and leaves the absurd contortions of the
prosecution to the common sense of the jury.

==================================
The defence has no integrity and is soundly fucked. It's apology
was false, Napoleon Bonehead is the little boy that cried "Sheep!"
and was eaten by the wolf.
You are called as a hostile witness, fuckwit.
Napoleon Bonehead, what name would you like to give to the
"system of values x', y, z, independent of time", that Einstein said
"ist klar" (is clear)?

Ref: e2a1c6af-a1d4-4f90-998d-3a15a3dfba12(a)r27g2000yqb.googlegroups.com

From: Uncle Ben on
On Aug 1, 1:13 am, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_z> wrote:

> Next question: Is x', which belongs to the moving system of values named
> "Ubersetzung" by the witness and is in a state of relative translation with
> respect
> to K, greater than 0?

It is assumed that the rod moving in system K has its near end at
x=vt. A choice of x at the far end of the rod minus the distance vt
that the near end of the rod has travelled since t=0 yields the length
of the moving rod in system K. This is obvious to anyone except my
learned friend.

This length x-vt, denoted by x', is independent of time; the purpose
of the subtraction is to express the constant length of the rod w.r.t.
K, whose value is the object of the operation (b) in sec. 2 of the
paper under discussion. (There is no need to consider this simple
subtraction in terms of a third frame of reference.)

It is also obvious to all but my learned friend that the hypothesis of
his question is incorrect. x' is merely the difference between two
relevant values of x, a coordinate of system K, the stationary system.

(And yes, the length x-vt is greater than 0 in non-trivial cases.)

Next question.
From: Uncle Ben on
On Aug 1, 12:33 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_z> wrote:

drivel

John if all you are going to do with my replies is to delete them,
then it's no fun to play with you any more.

The question you ask at the end of your last post is of the form, "If
2*5 = 193, how much is the square root of 1? YES or NO?"

You'll have to go on by yourself, declare victory, and go feed yur
lion, poor thing.

This thread offers the best evidence I could possibly find of the
proposition that you are losing whatever intelligence you may have had
as a younger man.

Uncle Ben

From: PD on
On Jul 31, 8:54 am, Uncle Ben <b...(a)greenba.com> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 11:31 pm, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Uncle Ben wrote:
>
> > [...]
>
> > The androcles lost the ability to reason with people long ago.
>
> You may be right, Eric.  It takes integrity to admit error.  I thought
> that if the truth were spelled out with such clarity that even his
> lion could understand it, Androcles might man up enough to display
> some integrity and recover some respect.  Otherwise, it is killfile
> time.

That seems best. I've seen Androcles stick to a claim that 2 = 1/2 in
the past.