From: Dan Prince on
I am looking to buy an HTC HD2 or similar but have always used Windows
Mobile in the past. I am not bothered about Sync'ing to any PC, with docs
and email etc, so which is best, or are they both good, but its all down to
personal preference. I keep hearing 'Android this and android that' but is
android really any better than WM6.5? I need convincing, as I dont know
anyone who runs Android on a mobile device, to actually ask them in person.
All I need is a new smartphone that will access Gmail, Skype Messenger
Facebook, with HSDPA and GPS built in, plus a decent sized crisp display.
So its over to you guys...... If android is better, what is better about
it?

Dan

From: Lucky13 on
On 10/08/2010 08:06, Rupert Moss-Eccardt wrote:
> It is the sort of touchscreen that affects the need for a stylus
> (although icon size and other things are also in the mix)

Unfortunately, you have confused hardware and OS issues when you talk
about the need for a stylus, or not. It is the icon size and other
things are also in the mix that affects the need for a stylus (and the
sort of touchscreen that affects too)

There are non-stylus WM phones.

See what I did there? There was no mention of screen hardware, but I
agree with the previous poster, WM phones are plagued with tiny
finger/thumb unfriendly menus.
From: White Spirit on
On 10/08/2010 15:48, Poldie wrote:

> Both hardware and software are involved in issues around stylii;
> however I wasn't confused when I criticized Microsoft for sometimes
> using them, because it's just a bad choice for consumer phones.
> Sure, if you need to take signatures then you'll want a stylus
> (although given the quality of my signatures on such devices when I
> need to sign for parcels I'm not sure exactly how much they're
> actually useful), but to select 'games' from a little list which also
> contains 'internet' and 'settings' it's a bit of a joke. Other phone
> OSs seem to get by with logically organised menus and bright, clear
> buttons. This certainly appears to be how Apple and Google have
> managed to struggle by.

I understand that in Asia, most consumers still expect to see a stylus.

The N900 comes with a stylus but it is also designed so that you don't
have to use it if you don't want to. The same goes for the slide-out
keyboard. It's the best of all worlds, IMO.

Pages: 1
Prev: hi
Next: Any reasonable GPRS providers on PAYG