From: John H Meyers on
Here's another "directory cleaner" program:

It deletes (from the current directory)
all variables containing only numeric values
(such as are created while using numeric equation solvers),
and also deletes the last equation 'EQ' and 'Mpar'
(the latter used by the Multiple Equation Solver,
often invoked by the Equation library);
you can leave some of this out if you wish:

\<< { 0. 13. 28. } TVARS PURGE { EQ Mpar } PURGE \>>

I have saved this as 'PGEQ' in my HOME directory,
so that I can type this name any time I want to use it.

-[ ]-
From: Malak on

Berk Birand wrote:

> I also realized that some of my disquietude towards the HP50g may be
> stemming from the poor manuals (both guide and manual) that came with it.
> Say, nowhere in those did I find anything about the HIST key, or the
> various functions for manipulating the stack. Overall, it doesn't give a
> rigorous explanation of the functions, and certainly doesn't do justice to
> the device.

Well, i'm not agree, the manual is very explicit, but some keys are
obvius like HIST... But if you want a complete commans description you
can download the AUR manual from HP site
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00554621.pdf

When i bought my old 49G+ (i sold it) i was very dissapointed... To
difficult but this isn't true, the HPs calculators are different and
efficient, the RPN is an ancient system but very simple and efficient.

Your dissapointmen is totally normal, believe me, totally normal. you
only need to read User RPL manuals and things like that. the
calculators doesn't have many commands but you can build it easly with
User RPL and hpcalc.org is an excelent source of librarys.

Be patient and you'll see.

Malak

From: Malak on

Malak wrote:

> calculators doesn't have many commands but you can build it easly with
> User RPL and hpcalc.org is an excelent source of librarys.

Sorry, is my bad english.. ERRATA: Many useful ti commands are not in
the calculator but beacuse are simple commands and it could buil it
with Usr RPL and CST menus and keys.

From: greenchile505 on

Malak wrote:
> Malak wrote:
>
> > calculators doesn't have many commands but you can build it easly with
> > User RPL and hpcalc.org is an excelent source of librarys.
>
> Sorry, is my bad english.. ERRATA: Many useful ti commands are not in
> the calculator but beacuse are simple commands and it could buil it
> with Usr RPL and CST menus and keys.

The hp 49g+/50g has 2,300+ functions built-in. First, I would call that
many. Second, some people would argue more than a few are useful.

From: Malak on

greenchile505(a)yahoo.com wrote:

> The hp 49g+/50g has 2,300+ functions built-in. First, I would call that
> many. Second, some people would argue more than a few are useful.

Sorry, i now that, i don't know what to say.... mmmmm for example, the
calculator doesn't have a ENG command, not de Enginnering notation, the
casios ENG command but if somebady want build that command, user RPL
make that possible. My position is pro HP. Even when i choose
improperly words because english is not my language, i think many
people understood me.