From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
Malak wrote:
> greenchile505(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>

>> The hp 49g+/50g has 2,300+ functions built-in. First, I would call
>> that many. Second, some people would argue more than a few are
>> useful.
>
> Sorry, i now that, i don't know what to say.... mmmmm for example, the
> calculator doesn't have a ENG command, not de Enginnering notation,
> the casios ENG command but if somebady want build that command, user
> RPL make that possible. My position is pro HP. Even when i choose
> improperly words because english is not my language, i think many
> people understood me.

ENG mode is there
What do you mean by ENG command?

From: Malak on
No ENG mode, "Casio calculator" ENG command.

From: Malak on
Anyway, my message to Berk Birand is, "be patient the calculator can do
anything you want, <<IF a command doesn't exist THEN build it END>> and
try the RPN entry mode, is much easier then algebraic".

From: Jean-Yves Avenard on
Malak wrote:

> Sorry, i now that, i don't know what to say.... mmmmm for example, the
> calculator doesn't have a ENG command, not de Enginnering notation, the
> casios ENG command but if somebady want build that command, user RPL
Uh?
Have you ever typed let say 5 ENG and see what happens?

JY
From: Joe Horn on
Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Malak wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, i now that, i don't know what to say.... mmmmm for example, the
> > calculator doesn't have a ENG command, not de Enginnering notation, the
> > casios ENG command but if somebady want build that command, user RPL
> Uh?
> Have you ever typed let say 5 ENG and see what happens?

No no, he's not talking about HP's ENG display mode, but the
functionality of the ENG key on many non-HP calculators, which adds 3
to the displayed exponent and moves the decimal point to the proper
place so that the value stays the same. Shift-ENG reduces the exponent
instead, and moves the decimal point in the other direction. This is
moderately useful when you're dealing with real-world units, e.g. 1.234
gigawatts (or press ENG and see 1234 megawatts).

1.2345 E+9 ENG --> 1234.5 E+6

Some calcs show the key as ENG-> and the shifted version as <-ENG (or
vice versa). Repeatedly pressing each key eventually moves the decimal
point to the far left or right of the mantissa.

I don't think that HP has ever had such keys. I personally don't miss
it.

-Joe-