From: cyrille de Brebisson on
hello,

ever looked at the 30s and 33s?

cyrille

From: Berk Birand on
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:43:40 -0700, Malak wrote:

> Well, i'm not agree, the manual is very explicit, but some keys are
> obvius like HIST... But if you want a complete commans description you
> can download the AUR manual from HP site
> http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00554621.pdf

Thanks, that reference manual was actually really helpful. It will at
least be more helpful than the manual, which has a really poor index, and
makes it really hard to find the description of a specific function. I
wish they made something like this for the 50g too, although I'm sure most
of this stuff would apply equally well...

From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 00:57:23 -0500, Malak wrote:

> No ENG mode, "Casio calculator" ENG command.

HP calculators have long had a persistent ENG display mode
for engineering notation (like scientific,
but forcing the exponent of ten to be a multiple of three),
whereas Casio requires you to press an ENG key
every time that you want to see such a display;
however, in return for this inconvenience,
Casio lets multiple presses of the ENG key
keep changing the exponent by three more,
so as in effect to display "kilowatts" then "megawatts," etc.

This can also be done on old and new HP graphing calcs,
in several different ways (with real numbers,
with specific unit objects, or with generalized "abstract units")

See my two posts in this thread,
which have further links and programs:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_frm/thread/74d05086653d7514

To copy programs from postings stored at Google,
please click "show options" then "show original"
(to get the original, unaltered plaintext)

Best wishes from http://www.mum.edu
and http://www.maharishischooliowa.org
From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:21:13 -0500, Berk Birand wrote:

> I wish they made something like this [49G+ AUR] for the 50g too,
> although I'm sure most of this stuff would apply equally well...

"most" can be made a bit stronger:

The 49G+ and 50G are program-wise *identical*
(and even use the same ROM update),
save only for additional flag -78 (set for using new serial port
as "wire" port), and that some commands like VERSION or SERIAL
return "50" for model number instead of "49"

The 50G added the serial port, can be powered from the USB cable,
has the most improved keyboard and different colors and texture,
and otherwise is the same as any 49G+

[r->] [OFF]
From: Jean-Yves Avenard on
cyrille de Brebisson wrote:
> hello,
>
> ever looked at the 30s and 33s?
aren't we talking about HP calculators ? :)