From: T. on
If you install on windows sshd you can access windows on a different way. You can restart windows from ssh console if Terminal Service do not give answer (if my english very bad, excuse me.)

Hank Arnold (MVP) wrote:

Re: How to restart terminal services on 2003 sp2 server?
03-May-08

Rocko Saw wrote:

SOP. It's been like that forever. Even on my W2K servers, I have to set
the status to "manual" or "disabled" and reboot. Must do the opposite
when I want it back on....

BTW, if you *could* stop the TS service, how would you be able to
continue to use RDP??? ;-)

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold

On Thursday, May 01, 2008 6:19 PM
RockoSa wrote:

How to restart terminal services on 2003 sp2 server?
after one of the MS security patchs cycles, the ability to stop or restart
the terminal servcies has been 'blocked' or prevented. we tired using,
pstools, hyena, net stop, mmc /a, etc and even logged on as local admin but
the only way now to restart that service is to reboot the whole server. I'm
guessing its got to do with some registery entry the prevents manual restart
of the termservices service. I also been looking in GPO but can't find any
entries that locks these services down.

this is the RDP admin console using termservices.

any ideas on how to un-lock this setting to allow remote restart of these
services?

On Friday, May 02, 2008 7:00 AM
Vera Noest [MVP] wrote:

This is by design.
This is by design. It has never been possible to restart the
Terminal Services service, as documented here.

278657 - Terminal Services Cannot Be Manipulated
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278657

In Windows Server 2008, it is restartable.

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net

=?Utf-8?B?Um9ja28gU2F3?= <RockoSaw(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote on 02 maj 2008:

Rocko Saw wrote:

SOP. It's been like that forever. Even on my W2K servers, I have to set
the status to "manual" or "disabled" and reboot. Must do the opposite
when I want it back on....

BTW, if you *could* stop the TS service, how would you be able to
continue to use RDP??? ;-)

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold