From: Nil on
On 14 Jul 2010, "Donald Anadell" <danadell(a)nospamersmikrotec.com>
wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> Quite honesty, I don't remember asking you to endorse my
> suggestions;)

He doesn't need your permission.
From: Spamlet on

"Donald Anadell" <danadell(a)nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "Rhino" <no.offline.contact.please(a)example.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Donald Anadell" <danadell(a)nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Spring10" <Spring10(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> If you are going to uninstall Norton, be sure to download and run their
>>> removal tool for your product:
>>> http://service1.symantec.com/support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
>>>
>> Agreed! I used to do tech support and we found that Norton rarely got
>> removed cleanly and completely with a normal uninstall; you almost always
>> had to run the Norton Removal Tool to get rid of all of the bits and
>> pieces of Norton.
>>
>>> Then(as others have suggested) you can download and install
>>> MSE(Microsoft Security Essentials):

--
>> Rhino

If the OP has an oldish device like this laptop I'm using, she may find that
MSE slows it considerably. I tried it and soon changed back to Avast; but
it works fine on a more recent model.

From: Nil on
On 14 Jul 2010, "Spamlet" <spam.morespam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> If the OP has an oldish device like this laptop I'm using, she may
> find that MSE slows it considerably. I tried it and soon changed
> back to Avast; but it works fine on a more recent model.

MSE doesn't play well with my email program, Pegasus. No problem with
Avast.
From: Bruce Chambers on
Spring10 wrote:
> Hi:
> I installed Norton, however I needed to uninstall it because there are many
> sort of problems.
>
> What or which kind of Anti-Virus, preferrably 'free.' I need only
> 'simple/basis' form of Anti-Virus.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are several free anti-virus applications available, almost
all of which are superior to Norton. Here are two:

AVAST! Home Edition

Microsoft Security Essentials
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: Maurice on

"Spring10" <Spring10(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi:
> I installed Norton, however I needed to uninstall it because there are
> many sort of problems.
>
> What or which kind of Anti-Virus, preferrably 'free.' I need only
> 'simple/basis' form of Anti-Virus.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does Avira support "update from folder" for a PC not connected to the
internet? can the updates be downloaded apart?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Video Preview Not Available
Next: Scanner Weirdness