From: Donald Anadell on

"Nil" <rednoise(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message
> On 14 Jul 2010, "Donald Anadell" <danadell(a)nospamersmikrotec.com>
> wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
>> Quite honesty, I don't remember asking you to endorse my
>> suggestions;)
>
> He doesn't need your permission.

Maybe you missed the wink at the end of that statement;)

From: Shenan Stanley on

http://www.google.com/search?q=update+avira+without+Internet

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Nick L. Odeon on

"Maurice" <morisaab(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
:
: "Spring10" <Spring10(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
: news:eIi1Nz1ILHA.1500(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: > Hi:
: > I installed Norton, however I needed to uninstall it because there are
: > many sort of problems.
: >
: > What or which kind of Anti-Virus, preferrably 'free.' I need only
: > 'simple/basis' form of Anti-Virus.
: >
: > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
: >
:
: Does Avira support "update from folder" for a PC not connected to the
: internet? can the updates be downloaded apart?
:
Visit the Avira website and ask, HoopleHead.
:

From: antioch on
"Spring10" <Spring10(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi:
> I installed Norton, however I needed to uninstall it because there are
> many sort of problems.
>
> What or which kind of Anti-Virus, preferrably 'free.' I need only
> 'simple/basis' form of Anti-Virus.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From my personal experiences, it depends what make/system etc you have.
I have a custom built Pentium P4 3.8 GHz CPU with WIN HOME XP SP3.

I have only ever used free AV - Avira - Avast - IP/ISP's in-house security
suite.

Currently using Microsoft Security Essentials, which runs just fine - a bit
faster than the others. This was after I had removed Avast - MSE found two
minor 'nasties' on its first run.
I also have an Acer Extensa 5620z laptop, WIN PRO XP SP3, with only a 60GB
HDD.
It did have McAfee which I immediately uninstalled[with some difficulty]
I put Avast on which for some reason behaved like McAfee - very sluggish.
Now running MSE plus their firewall. So far no problems.
Does a full scan in no time at all.

Both have additional 'as and when' scanners - Malwarebytes and SAS plus
Spyware Blaster.
Once a year[during the summer] I do a full online scan with Symantec and go
off and play a game of cricket[just joking]

Antioch

From: Randem on
Norton... hmmm Possibly this can help
http://www.randem.com/virusproblems.html

--
The Top Script Generator for Jordan Russell's Inno Setup -
http://www.randem.com/innoscript.html
"Spring10" <Spring10(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi:
> I installed Norton, however I needed to uninstall it because there are
> many sort of problems.
>
> What or which kind of Anti-Virus, preferrably 'free.' I need only
> 'simple/basis' form of Anti-Virus.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6