From: Anthony Buckland on
I constantly despair of users who cry for a totally
free solution to one of the two most basic needs
of a computer system, protection against the
assails of an unfriendly world. Would they go to
the nearest Starbucks and ask for free caffeine to
start their day? Would they expect free fuel for
their chosen fossil-charged car?

Oh yes, and the other thing to spend money on,
for sure: disaster recovery, such as an imaging
piece of software to recreate their system after
a disk crash.

From: Jim on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:56:11 -0700, "Anthony Buckland"
<anthonybucklandnospam(a)telus.net> wrote:

>I constantly despair of users who cry for a totally
>free solution to one of the two most basic needs
>of a computer system, protection against the
>assails of an unfriendly world. Would they go to
>the nearest Starbucks and ask for free caffeine to
>start their day? Would they expect free fuel for
>their chosen fossil-charged car?
>
>Oh yes, and the other thing to spend money on,
>for sure: disaster recovery, such as an imaging
>piece of software to recreate their system after
>a disk crash.

So why do software makers offer free software ?
From: Unknown on
Continue to despair. Not everyone has as much money as you. Why buy when you
can use MSE?

From: ichase on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:05:36 -0700, just as I was about to take a
herb, "Spring10" <Spring10(a)comcast.net> disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

>What or which kind of Anti-Virus, preferrably 'free.' I need only
>'simple/basis' form of Anti-Virus.
the best antivirus is no antivirus. They are the worstt. They slow
down PC and harvest details when you do their owkr for them by sending
them datad. They rite the viruses to drum up business too.
From: Alias on
On 07/17/2010 01:11 PM, ichase(a)thepostoffice.co.uk wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:05:36 -0700, just as I was about to take a
> herb, "Spring10"<Spring10(a)comcast.net> disturbed my reverie and
> wrote:
>
>> What or which kind of Anti-Virus, preferrably 'free.' I need only
>> 'simple/basis' form of Anti-Virus.
> the best antivirus is no antivirus. They are the worstt. They slow
> down PC and harvest details when you do their owkr for them by sending
> them datad. They rite the viruses to drum up business too.

I bet you don't believe in spell checkers either.

--
Alias
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last