From: TMitchell on
I recently started getting two error messages in Event Viewer upon boot
up of my one-year old Lenovo T60P, XP syystem - an Error ID 43033 Edid
Checksum error and Error ID 43044 Unknown Edid version, both Category
DAL, Source ati2mtag. (I have an ATI FireGL5200 video card.)

What the heck does and Edid error message indicate exactly?
From: Gordon on
TMitchell wrote:

> I recently started getting two error messages in Event Viewer upon boot
> up of my one-year old Lenovo T60P, XP syystem - an Error ID 43033 Edid
> Checksum error

plenty of info here:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Error+ID+43033+Edid+Checksum+error&spell=1

From: nass on

"TMitchell" wrote:

> I recently started getting two error messages in Event Viewer upon boot
> up of my one-year old Lenovo T60P, XP syystem - an Error ID 43033 Edid
> Checksum error and Error ID 43044 Unknown Edid version, both Category
> DAL, Source ati2mtag. (I have an ATI FireGL5200 video card.)
>
> What the heck does and Edid error message indicate exactly?

Can you please send the exact wording of the error message, don't truncate
it!.
It mean that the EDID is corrupt or damaged, one of two the Video Card or
the MOBO drivers.

Get the latest drivers for your Motherboard from the laptop manufacturer
website.

ATI FireGL™ Unified Driver Version 8.44 for Windows XP Professional Edition
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/fireglv-xp.html

Have a look in the Event Viewer for error messages(X) that can shed some
light and post it back in your next post by performing the following and also
the System File Checker (SFC) sfc /scannow:
Open a Notepad, customize or minimize to the taskbar as you will need it
later for this step to copy the error message on it.
Open a run command and type in:
eventvwr.msc click [OK] you will get the Event viewer control Panel.
click on each of these:
Application
System
Security
Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red (X) or Yellow
exclamation mark /!\ , double click each one to get more info about the
causer.
On the Event error properties message you will see:
Up Arrow
Down arrow
Two pages
Click on the two pages to copy the error message then bring up the Notepad
you opened earlier and right click on the first line and select Paste from
the list, this will paste the error message on a Notepad.
Please don't duplicate the error message one of each kind will be sufficient.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427/en-us
HTH.
nass
-----
http://www.nasstec.co.uk
From: nass on

"nass" wrote:

> "TMitchell" wrote:
>
> > I recently started getting two error messages in Event Viewer upon boot
> > up of my one-year old Lenovo T60P, XP syystem - an Error ID 43033 Edid
> > Checksum error and Error ID 43044 Unknown Edid version, both Category
> > DAL, Source ati2mtag. (I have an ATI FireGL5200 video card.)
> >
> > What the heck does and Edid error message indicate exactly?
>

> Can you please send the exact wording of the error message, don't truncate
> it!.
> It mean that the EDID is corrupt or damaged, one of two the Video Card or
> the MOBO drivers.
>
> Get the latest drivers for your Motherboard from the laptop manufacturer
> website.
>
> ATI FireGL™ Unified Driver Version 8.44 for Windows XP Professional Edition
> http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/fireglv-xp.html
>
> Have a look in the Event Viewer for error messages(X) that can shed some
> light and post it back in your next post by performing the following and also
> the System File Checker (SFC) sfc /scannow:
> Open a Notepad, customize or minimize to the taskbar as you will need it
> later for this step to copy the error message on it.
> Open a run command and type in:
> eventvwr.msc click [OK] you will get the Event viewer control Panel.
> click on each of these:
> Application
> System
> Security
> Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red (X) or Yellow
> exclamation mark /!\ , double click each one to get more info about the
> causer.
> On the Event error properties message you will see:
> Up Arrow
> Down arrow
> Two pages
> Click on the two pages to copy the error message then bring up the Notepad
> you opened earlier and right click on the first line and select Paste from
> the list, this will paste the error message on a Notepad.
> Please don't duplicate the error message one of each kind will be sufficient.
> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> HTH.
> nass
> -----
> http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Adding to the above, EDID is Extended display identification data:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_display_identification_data
HTH.
nass
-----
http://www.nasstec.co.uk
From: TMitchell on
nass wrote:

> "TMitchell" wrote:
>
>> I recently started getting two error messages in Event Viewer upon boot
>> up of my one-year old Lenovo T60P, XP syystem - an Error ID 43033 Edid
>> Checksum error and Error ID 43044 Unknown Edid version, both Category
>> DAL, Source ati2mtag. (I have an ATI FireGL5200 video card.)
>>
>> What the heck does and Edid error message indicate exactly?
>

> Can you please send the exact wording of the error message, don't truncate
> it!.
> It mean that the EDID is corrupt or damaged, one of two the Video Card or
> the MOBO drivers.
>
> Get the latest drivers for your Motherboard from the laptop manufacturer
> website.
>
> ATI FireGL™ Unified Driver Version 8.44 for Windows XP Professional Edition
> http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/fireglv-xp.html
>
> Have a look in the Event Viewer for error messages(X) that can shed some
> light and post it back in your next post by performing the following and also
> the System File Checker (SFC) sfc /scannow:
> Open a Notepad, customize or minimize to the taskbar as you will need it
> later for this step to copy the error message on it.
> Open a run command and type in:
> eventvwr.msc click [OK] you will get the Event viewer control Panel.
> click on each of these:
> Application
> System
> Security
> Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red (X) or Yellow
> exclamation mark /!\ , double click each one to get more info about the
> causer.
> On the Event error properties message you will see:
> Up Arrow
> Down arrow
> Two pages
> Click on the two pages to copy the error message then bring up the Notepad
> you opened earlier and right click on the first line and select Paste from
> the list, this will paste the error message on a Notepad.
> Please don't duplicate the error message one of each kind will be sufficient.
> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> HTH.
> nass
> -----
> http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Below is the file of the Error Message. (Today, I only get this one and
not the "Checksum Error" message.)

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: ati2mtag
> Event Category: DAL
> Event ID: 43034
> Date: 1/1/2008
> Time: 9:19:09 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: LENOVO-EE9A792F
> Unknown EDID version
> Data:
> 0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
> 0008: 2a 00 00 00 1a a8 00 c0 *....¨.À
> 0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I ran the Windows System File Checker, and after it was done (i.e.,
after the progress bar was complete) it gave no messages or anything.
Is this normal or is there supposed to be a log file of its results
somewhere?

I do have the latest Lenovo-approved driver update for the ATI FireGL
5200 video card.