From: markm75c on
Curious if anyone has got this ram working with all 8GB at one time,
and if so, what are your bios settings. (i'm trying yet another set of
ram to see if i can run 8GB at any speed for that matter):

The one guy at OCZ claimed he hit 1600mhz and posted his settings, but
with my config i've been unable to even achieve true stability at
anything above 1333 (and even here this is somewhat of an issue).

Basically i set timings to 7 7 7 24 and voltage at 1.82 and NB at 1.45
(real timings are 6 6 6 20 and 1.75 volts). I'm not sure how high i
can take memory voltage and still be in warranty.

I was able to pass linpack testing x 10 without issue at 1333, but
despite this, every now and then my system will become unresponsive or
an alarm will go off (i have yet to determine where this alarm is
coming from, its a low sounding alarm that i havent heard before).

I have a q9650, which i am also overclocking to 3.61 with the fsb at
1600 (the person at OCZ claimed he ran fine OC'd too).. my psu is a
1000watt single pipe PSU.. I have 10 harddrives out of 12 possible,
via icy docks on the front, a blu ray player/recorder and about 10 USB
devices at once and dual 4870 ati cards.

Here are the settings i have used so far..

If not indicated, this means i havent changed it, set to auto:

Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi

Configure advanced CPU settings
CPU Ratio Control............:
Ratio to CMOS Setting......:
C1E Support..................: DISABLED
CPU TM Function..............:
Vanderpool Technology........:
Execute Disable Bit..........:
Max CPUID Value Limit........:
Intel Speedstep EIST.........:

AI Tweaker
Comfigure System Performance Settings

Ai OVerclocking Tuner........: [Manual]
CPU Ratio Control............: manual
CPU Ratio Setting............: 9
FSB Strap to North Bridge....:
FSB Frequency................: 400
PCIE Frequency...............: 100
DRAM Frequency...............: 1334
DRAM Command Rate............: 2
Dram TIming COntrol......... : [Manual]
Pri. Information......: - - - - - - -
CAS# Latency.................: 7
RAS# to CAS #Delay...........: 7
RAS# Pre Time................: 7
RAS# Active Time.............: 24
RAS# to RAS# Delay...........:
Row Refresh Cycle Time.......: 100
Write Recovery Time..........:
Read to Precharge Time.......:
Sec. Information......: - - - - - -
Read to Write Delay (S/D)....:
Write to Read Delay (S)......:
Write to Read Delay (D)......:
Read to Read Delay (S).......:
Read to Read Delay (D).......:
Write to Write Delay (S).....:
Write to Write Delay (D).....:
DRAM Static Read Control.....:
DRAM Dynamic Write Control...:
Ai Clock Skew for Channel.A..: auto
Ai Clock Skew for Channel.B..: auto

Ai Clock Twister.............: light
Ai Transaction Booster.......: disabled
relax level: 1

CPU Voltage..................: 1.35
CPU PLL Voltage..............:
FSB Termination Voltage......:
DRAM Voltage.................: 1.82
North Bridge Voltage.........: 1.47
South Bridge Voltage.........:
Clock Over-Charging Voltage..:

Load-Line Calibration........:
CPU GTL Voltage Reference....:
NB GTL Voltage Referemce.....:
CPU Spread Spectrum..........:
PCIE Spread Spectrum.........:

--------------------

Note:

At first i tried 1600mhz with these settings; The system would freeze,
even during the bios boot..

I then tried upping the NB as high as 1.55, no luck there, Linpack
testing would still fail even if no system freeze.

I also went back to NB at 1.37 and tried, same results.. i also
increased the ram volts to 1.84, same results.

I backed down to 1333, thought i had stable settings, as indeed
linpack testing was fine over 10 runs.. but putting my production
vista drive back in, i'm getting system "hangs", where the system
isn't froze per say, but it is hung.

Anyone out there using this ram and may be able to help (8GB)?

Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: WOL on P5Q
Next: LAN Driver for P4P800-VM