From: Helge Kruse on
Hello,

I want to install a Windows XP system on a PC with the motherboard
P4P800-VM Rev 1.06.

I downloaded all drivers from ASUS web site
(http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=de-de&model=P4P800-VM&type=map&f_type=5).
The name of the name of the driver file is 80_2kxp.zip. Unfortunately
the Windows XP device manager does not find any driver in this file for
the onboard adapter.

Reading the registry I found that the LAN adapter has the id:
Vendor: 8086 Device: 1019 Subsystem: 80F71043

The downloaded LAN driver package has no entry for this device id.

Where do I get a LAN driver for VEN_8086&DEV_1019 ?

Regards,
Helge

From: Paul on
Helge Kruse wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to install a Windows XP system on a PC with the motherboard
> P4P800-VM Rev 1.06.
>
> I downloaded all drivers from ASUS web site
> (http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=de-de&model=P4P800-VM&type=map&f_type=5).
> The name of the name of the driver file is 80_2kxp.zip. Unfortunately
> the Windows XP device manager does not find any driver in this file for
> the onboard adapter.
>
> Reading the registry I found that the LAN adapter has the id:
> Vendor: 8086 Device: 1019 Subsystem: 80F71043
>
> The downloaded LAN driver package has no entry for this device id.
>

> Where do I get a LAN driver for VEN_8086&DEV_1019 ?
>

> Regards,
> Helge

From the PCI.ids file. That Ethernet chip is typical of
a P4C800-E Deluxe. Verify the motherboard model number.

8086 Intel Corporation
1019 82547EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller

http://download.intel.com/design/network/datashts/82547gi_ei_ds.pdf

The P4P800-VM motherboard has an ICH5 Southbridge.
The ICH5 has a built-in 10/100 MAC, 8086:1051. The
PHY portion is 82562EZ. It is a two chip solution,
and the driver should be for 8086:1051.

Paul