From: David J. Braden on
Hi -
I have not yet found this on the web, wonder if someone else might have
some insight. I am particularly interested in the percentages (better
yet, numbers) of end-users who "almost always" (or only) use version
2003 versus those who "almost always" (or only) use 2007 (or later).
This tends to exclude folks like Rob Bovey and Chip Pearson, who likely
use everything back to Excel 5. E.g., is 70% Excel 2003, 30% Excel 2007
a reasonable guess?

Informed guesstimates are very much welcomed.

TIA - Dave B
--
Please keep response(s) solely within this thread.
From: Simon Lloyd on

You would probably be best of browsing sites like ours, excel forum and
ozgrid where we ask the user to state which version they use so they can
have a better targeted response.

.

;
6
8
9
0
8
0

:

Hi -
I have not yet found this on the web, wonder if someone else might have
some insight. I am particularly interested in the percentages (better
yet, numbers) of end-users who "almost always" (or only) use version
2003 versus those who "almost always" (or only) use 2007 (or later).
This tends to exclude folks like Rob Bovey and Chip Pearson, who likely
use everything back to Excel 5. E.g., is 70% Excel 2003, 30% Excel 2007
a reasonable guess?

Informed guesstimates are very much welcomed.

TIA - Dave B
--
Please keep response(s) solely within this thread.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Excel Chat' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php)
Simon Lloyd's Profile: 1
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=192579

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: David J. Braden on
Simon - Interesting idea, but statistically meaningless, much less
difficult to implement, if you mean mining posts for stated versions of
Excel. Certainly there will be more posts, relatively speaking, from
those switching from 2003 to later versions. I am not interested as
interested in those posting to the sites you mentioned as I am in
overall installed base: that's what I meant to convey by "end-users".
Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for your suggestion.

Dave B (ex-MVP, Excel (and Mac), heavy emphasis on stats, algorithms &
problem-identification with core Excel)

From: JLatham on
And you might even get a different split between "what do you use at home/for
personal use" and what do you use at your office. Many large organizations
have forced the change-over to 2007, while the budgets at home don't
necessarily permit upgrading everytime a new version hits the streets. Same
for small businesses - their budgets generally don't permit upgrading every
30 days.

Me? Yeah, I've got virtual machines with 2000, XP, and 2007 on them, but my
primary tool both at home and at work is 2003. In truth, probably 98% of all
that I do, and even what my (few) clients do, could still be done with '97!

From: Simon Lloyd on

Not as such, when a member wants to find another member or look at the
members list he/she will visit
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/members/list/ here they can see all
the data that has been allowed to be public, it is here they can clearly
see who is using what version of the MS application, so its not post
driven but member driven.

.

;
6