From: Don Burn on
Since most news groups have gone already, any idea what forum is
replacing this news group? Hopefully it is a separate forum, and not
one of these lets dump it in with some other subject like they have done
with so many of the groups.

Of course most of the traffic is now on NTDEV at
http://www.osronline.com anyway, but just wondering where this group
will end up.

Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr

From: 440gtx on
> any idea what forum is replacing this news group?

The consensus is to move to an open, non-microsoft moderated forum and
so when the time comes we all can continue as usual at the below
group.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.nt.kernel-mode

OSR by the way has its advantages, but is a sub-optimal replacement in
the sense that many topics are considered controversial and thus
banned there. Staying with google groups allows people to discuss
whatever they want and those that aren't interested in a topic can
simply skip over it or go somewhere else. So business as usual.
From: Don Burn on
Sorry, Google groups is not the replacement. That is an older group
that has its own set of problems. I was asking what forum Microsoft
intended to replace this with.

From: PavelA on
On 28-Sep-2010 13:25, Don Burn wrote:
> Sorry, Google groups is not the replacement. That is an older group
> that has its own set of problems. I was asking what forum Microsoft
> intended to replace this with.

It seems that they are suffering now thru more "disruptive" issues than
this little NG...

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/09/why_microsoft_surrendered_spaces.html

http://techcrunch.com/2010/09/27/windows-live-blogging/

Maybe we need to find the maintainers of WHDC
(http://www.microsoft.com/whdc) and ask them to settle this question
with the Forums admin.

-- pa
From: Ali on
On Sep 28, 10:44 pm, PavelA <pave...(a)12fastmail34.fm> wrote:
> On 28-Sep-2010 13:25, Don Burn wrote:
>
> > Sorry, Google groups is not the replacement.  That is an older group
> > that has its own set of problems. I was asking what forum Microsoft
> > intended to replace this with.
>
> It seems that they are suffering now thru more "disruptive" issues than
> this little NG...
>
> http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/09/why_microsoft_surrendered_sp...
>
> http://techcrunch.com/2010/09/27/windows-live-blogging/
>
> Maybe we need to find the maintainers of WHDC
> (http://www.microsoft.com/whdc) and ask them to settle this question
> with the Forums admin.
>
> -- pa

Folks!

Can we just be in typical usenet space? Don't think google thing gonna
work, they are just trying too many things. You don't want to endup
like _wave_ or _buzz_ . OSR is fine but bit confined though.

Lets stick to the old idea of Tim. B. L. and make it open and
accessible.

(Its good to be back)
ali