From: whisky-dave on

"Atheist Chaplain" <abused(a)cia.gov> wrote in message
> "Shawn Hirn" <srhi(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> In article <kKudnezXWI5MXenWnZ2dnUVZ_jydnZ2d(a)giganews.com>,
>> Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Any retards who paid $500 for an iPhone are good candidates.
>>>
>>> http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/02/10/apple-can-build-a-
>>> 500-ipad-for-240/?cnn=yes
>>
>> If you want to talk about sheep, look at Windows users. Most just use
>> Windows because its there with no thought at all as to why they are
>> using it.
>>

> the same could be said for Apple users "Oh we used Mac's at school so I
> use one at home"
> horses for courses.

Not usually. Most schools use PCs because they are cheaper.
Even here in my university I have a lab of about 90 PCs here typically 3 are
faulty.
Only one mac mini.
They didn't have computers in my school and and teh college that taught me
computing
didn;t have Macs either. I started using them because I found them usable
and intuative
which I found quite strange considering I was running a 3 text based
solutions
which were various implementations of UNIX on PC boxes.

>> As far as markups on retail products are concerned, you seem surprised
>> that Apple does this? Why is your standard for Apple any different than
>> any other company that operates in the retail sector? The markup on
>> Netbooks from Sony, HP, etc. has got to be pretty high too, but at least
>> with Apple, you get access to Apple's world-class tech support service
>> and their ease of use and unparalleled reliability.
>>

> I see you have swallowed the Apple coolaid in one big gulp there :-)
> Macs are no more reliable or unreliable than any comparable computer,

Yes they are, just the lack of virus problems alone prove that.

From: RichA on
On Feb 12, 4:31 am, Shawn Hirn <s...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> In article <kKudnezXWI5MXenWnZ2dnUVZ_jydn...(a)giganews.com>,
>
>  Rich <n...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> > Any retards who paid $500 for an iPhone are good candidates.
>
> >http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/02/10/apple-can-buil...
> > 500-ipad-for-240/?cnn=yes
>
> If you want to talk about sheep, look at Windows users. Most just use
> Windows because its there with no thought at all as to why they are
> using it.

Like it or not, Windows runs the modern World. And UNIX/Linux.
NOT Apple.
From: nospam on
In article
<2faea0af-8243-4409-a8ed-a434209e8390(a)j31g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't buy Apple stock on principal.

perhaps you should buy a dictionary instead.
From: George Kerby on

On 2/12/10 12:24 PM, in article 120220101024422924%nospam(a)nospam.invalid,
"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> In article
> <2faea0af-8243-4409-a8ed-a434209e8390(a)j31g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
> RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't buy Apple stock on principal.
>
> perhaps you should buy a dictionary instead.

He'd chew the covers off.

From: Doug McDonald on

I do not buy anything Apple on principle.

I don't like them. They are overpriced and the user interface sucks.

That said, I own and use a lot daily my iPod.

Why? Why would I use a product I hate? And which is overpriced?

Answer: because it works and my last one lasted almost 16 months before
breaking.

I tried several competitors before trying an iPod nano 2nd generation, and
none lasted more than 10 days, only two of 5 lasting more than one day.

That's an abysmal build quality record. These things are supposed to be for
use while jogging or working out ... and 5 of 5 non-Apple ones failed
while simply taking long walks, albeit race-walking.

The iPod that failed did so when the plastic "end cap" with the lock switch
fell off into impenetrable weeds and thus rendered the thing uncontrollable.
The currect 3rd generation Nano I have does not have this design problem.

Doug McDonald