From: John McWilliams on
RichA wrote:

> I wouldn't buy Apple stock on principal.

<spitting coffee out on the keyboard>

Oh, yeah, such principles!

--
john mcwilliams
From: Doug McDonald on
John McWilliams wrote:

> If you're not buying Macs, you've missed the boat: They do work.

To the same extent that PCs work.

The problem with Macs is that they are so severely limited in the
software they run. They don't run several programs I absolutely must
have (even on Intel CPS and under an emulator).

Several of my colleagues have Macs for a desktop web brower, Word and
Powerpoint machine ... and that's ALL they use them for ... their real
work is done either on a PC or under Linux.

Doug Mcdonald
From: Ray Fischer on
Doug McDonald <mcdonald(a)scs.uiuc.edu.remove.invalid> wrote:
>I do not buy anything Apple on principle.
>
>I don't like them. They are overpriced and the user interface sucks.

That puts you in the minority.

>That said, I own and use a lot daily my iPod.

Stolen?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
Doug McDonald <mcdonald(a)scs.jllinois.edu> wrote:
>John McWilliams wrote:
>

>> If you're not buying Macs, you've missed the boat: They do work.
>>
>To the same extent that PCs work.

But you've admitted that you are unqualified to make such a claim.

>The problem with Macs is that they are so severely limited in the
>software they run.

If you hadn't just admitted that you don't really know then I'd call
you a liar for that obviously false statement.

> They don't run several programs I absolutely must
>have (even on Intel CPS and under an emulator).

I run Win7 on my Mac. I could also run Linux. Even all three at the
same time. What software doesn't run on one of those platforms?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Mr. Strat on
In article
<2faea0af-8243-4409-a8ed-a434209e8390(a)j31g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't buy Apple stock on principal.

How about principle?