From: Rich on
Any retards who paid $500 for an iPhone are good candidates.

http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/02/10/apple-can-build-a-
500-ipad-for-240/?cnn=yes

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-02-11 18:45:37 -0800, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> said:

> Any retards who paid $500 for an iPhone are good candidates.
>
> http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/02/10/apple-can-build-a-
> 500-ipad-for-240/?cnn=yes

So?
$229 to build, $499 list. If that is what the market will bear, Apple
is entitled to its profit.

Were they supposed to run it as a loss leader?
I didn't think Apple was some sort of charitable organization.
They are positioning themselves for future price reductions. As with
the iPhone there is a price to pay for being an early adopter.

So, it seems that if you want an iPad you should be able to build your
own for a mere $229!

As for me, I have other things to spend my money on.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Ray Fischer on
>On 2010-02-11 18:45:37 -0800, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> said:
>
>> Any retards who paid $500 for an iPhone are good candidates.
>>
>> http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/02/10/apple-can-build-a-
>> 500-ipad-for-240/?cnn=yes
>
>So?
>$229 to build, $499 list. If that is what the market will bear, Apple
>is entitled to its profit.
>
>Were they supposed to run it as a loss leader?
>I didn't think Apple was some sort of charitable organization.
>They are positioning themselves for future price reductions. As with
>the iPhone there is a price to pay for being an early adopter.
>
>So, it seems that if you want an iPad you should be able to build your
>own for a mere $229!

Of course, without any software it's just going to be a brick, and
without knowing how to build it you'll just have a pile of components.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: whisky-dave on

"Rich" <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Any retards who paid $500 for an iPhone are good candidates.
>
> http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/02/10/apple-can-build-a-
> 500-ipad-for-240/?cnn=yes

So, I would be suprised if most things in life can't be brought cheaper
by parts than a ready built thing.
But I'm betting if you had all the parts given to you, yuo wouldn;t be able
to put them together and write the software.
Then there's the nice packaging they'll come in and the shipping costs.

Companies need to make profits for many reasons, you can't really sell at
cost
or below costs unless the item is a loss leader.

From: Bowser on
Tell you what, YOU build one for $240 and I'll buy as many as you can build
for $300 each. Let me know when you have the first one ready.