From: D.M. Procida on
A colleague who uses Entourage with an IMAP account has asked how he can
archive or save email while deleting it from the server, as he is
running out of server space.

Daniele
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 09:11:06 +0100,
real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) wrote:

>A colleague who uses Entourage with an IMAP account has asked how he can
>archive or save email while deleting it from the server, as he is
>running out of server space.

Manually copy the mails/folders he wants to keep from the IMAP account
heirarchy to the "On My Computer" heirarchy. Then delete the IMAP
ones.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"The answer to the second question," said Merry, "is that we could get off
in an hour. I have prepared practically everything. There are six ponies
From: Steve on
On Aug 3, 9:11 am, real-not-anti-spam-addr...(a)apple-juice.co.uk (D.M.
Procida) wrote:
> A colleague who uses Entourage with an IMAP account has asked how he can
> archive or save email while deleting it from the server, as he is
> running out of server space.

Another option would be to use an applicaion such as MailSteward
<http://www.mailsteward.com/> to archive the mail outside Entourage's
database.
--
Cheers,

Steve
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 04:17:34 -0700 (PDT), Steve <hamrun(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Aug 3, 9:11�am, real-not-anti-spam-addr...(a)apple-juice.co.uk (D.M.
>Procida) wrote:
>> A colleague who uses Entourage with an IMAP account has asked how he can
>> archive or save email while deleting it from the server, as he is
>> running out of server space.
>
>Another option would be to use an applicaion such as MailSteward
><http://www.mailsteward.com/> to archive the mail outside Entourage's
>database.

Does that do anything more useful than drag'n'drop of Entourage
messages to a folder, and optionally asking Mail to import that
folder?

Cheers - Jaimie
--
#include "clue.h"
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 13:43:24 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh
<jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 04:17:34 -0700 (PDT), Steve <hamrun(a)gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Aug 3, 9:11�am, real-not-anti-spam-addr...(a)apple-juice.co.uk (D.M.
>>Procida) wrote:
>>> A colleague who uses Entourage with an IMAP account has asked how he can
>>> archive or save email while deleting it from the server, as he is
>>> running out of server space.
>>
>>Another option would be to use an applicaion such as MailSteward
>><http://www.mailsteward.com/> to archive the mail outside Entourage's
>>database.
>
>Does that do anything more useful than drag'n'drop of Entourage
>messages to a folder,

A Finder folder, that is.

--
"Yrlsqb nx sobshuggum illingoon. Mark my words!" - Cyril Q Kornbluth
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: iPhone sending mail oddity
Next: iPad case