From: D.M. Procida on
Somewhat to my surprise, I have bought an iPad.

What's a good case to get for it, for travelling with? It needs to be
one I can expect to find in town, at an Apple Store or John Lewis etc.

Thanks,

Daniele
From: Jim on
On 2010-08-03, D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
> Somewhat to my surprise, I have bought an iPad.
>
> What's a good case to get for it, for travelling with? It needs to be
> one I can expect to find in town, at an Apple Store or John Lewis etc.

I'm using a Snugg case. Got it through Amazon, but it may be available
elsewhere. It's either leather or pretty good leather-effect.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: Trooper on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> On 2010-08-03, D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk>
wrote:
> > Somewhat to my surprise, I have bought an iPad.
> >
> > What's a good case to get for it, for travelling with? It needs to be
> > one I can expect to find in town, at an Apple Store or John Lewis etc.
>
> I'm using a Snugg case. Got it through Amazon, but it may be available
> elsewhere. It's either leather or pretty good leather-effect.

I have a Griffin Elan slip case, which is nice if if you like slip
cases, which it turns out I don't...

I have the Apple case, which is also quite nice, very slim fitting and
versatile. However it does get dirty easiliy, and the edges are a
little "harsh" to hold, perfectly useable and if I hadn't already had a
Marware Eco-Vue on order i'd have stuck with it.

The Marware Eco-Vue is lovely, if a little bulky, highly recommended.

T.
From: Woody on
Trooper <usenet(a)trooperlooper.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-08-03, D.M. Procida
> > <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk>
> wrote:
>>> Somewhat to my surprise, I have bought an iPad.
>>>
>>> What's a good case to get for it, for travelling with? It needs to
> > > be
>>> one I can expect to find in town, at an Apple Store or John Lewis
> > > etc.
>>
>> I'm using a Snugg case. Got it through Amazon, but it may be
> > available
>> elsewhere. It's either leather or pretty good leather-effect.
>>

> I have a Griffin Elan slip case, which is nice if if you like slip
> cases, which it turns out I don't...
>
> I have the Apple case, which is also quite nice, very slim fitting and
> versatile. However it does get dirty easiliy, and the edges are a
> little "harsh" to hold, perfectly useable and if I hadn't already had
> Marware Eco-Vue on order i'd have stuck with it.

Ihave the apple slip case. It does get dirty but the iPad has been in it
since got it and it does for me.

--
Woody
From: Lynn W on
On 03/08/2010 09:19, in article
1jmn5qa.27y145h7yzjcN%real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk, "D.M.
Procida" <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:

> Somewhat to my surprise, I have bought an iPad.
>
> What's a good case to get for it, for travelling with? It needs to be
> one I can expect to find in town, at an Apple Store or John Lewis etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniele

I bought an incase one from the Apple store and I am very pleased with it.
Gives the iPad plenty of protection and actually works in all the positions
as a stand. It does make the iPad 'heavier' but you can't have the
protection and not make it heavier. In my view well worth the money.

Lynn
--
Live for today, as tomorrow is not promised