From: Elliott Roper on
If like me, you were struggling without a decent crypto GUI for mail in
Leopard and Snow Leopard, fret no more.

Even more elegant than the discontinued plugin from PGP Corp and a
breeze to install (providing you already have GPG which is easy enough
too)

get it from
http://www.gpgmail.org/

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Elliott Roper <nospam(a)yrl.co.uk> wrote:

> If like me, you were struggling without a decent crypto GUI for mail in
> Leopard and Snow Leopard, fret no more.
>
> Even more elegant than the discontinued plugin from PGP Corp and a
> breeze to install (providing you already have GPG which is easy enough
> too)
>
> get it from
> http://www.gpgmail.org/

Hmm.

November 2009 is the last update date on
<http://macgpg.sourceforge.net/>.

I can't work out which version of what is best to download.

Can anyone advise? I've got an Intel iMac and MacOS X 10.6.4 and I'd
like a secure installation of GPG with a GUI - what's the best download
to go for and what bits do I need?

Or even: can anyone point me at a Web page which tells me that stuff?

Cheers,
Rowland.

(who has a Mac running Classic in part so he can run PGP - not been able
to work out how to replace pre OS X PGP with a MacOS X near-equivalent)

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: Martin S Taylor on
Rowland McDonnell wrote
> Can anyone advise? I've got an Intel iMac and MacOS X 10.6.4 and I'd
> like a secure installation of GPG with a GUI - what's the best download
> to go for and what bits do I need?

On <http://macgpg.sourceforge.net/> you can download GNU Privacy Guard 1.4.9,
GPG Keychain Access (to allow you to access existing Keychains) and the mail
program, which Elliott gave a link to.

I've also downloaded GPGFileTool which should let me encrypt freestanding
files, but doesn't seem to work. Any help, anyone?

MST

From: Elliott Roper on
In article
<1jmncoo.bjvxjr14xsnggN%real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid>,
Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:

> Elliott Roper <nospam(a)yrl.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > If like me, you were struggling without a decent crypto GUI for mail in
> > Leopard and Snow Leopard, fret no more.
> >
> > Even more elegant than the discontinued plugin from PGP Corp and a
> > breeze to install (providing you already have GPG which is easy enough
> > too)
> >
> > get it from
> > http://www.gpgmail.org/
>
> Hmm.
>
> November 2009 is the last update date on
> <http://macgpg.sourceforge.net/>.
>
> I can't work out which version of what is best to download.
>
> Can anyone advise? I've got an Intel iMac and MacOS X 10.6.4 and I'd
> like a secure installation of GPG with a GUI - what's the best download
> to go for and what bits do I need?
>
> Or even: can anyone point me at a Web page which tells me that stuff?

THis is what my gpg -h says
redacted:~ redacted$ gpg -h
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.10

I'm pretty sure I followed the directions and got downloads at
http://macgpg.sourceforge.net/

The GUI is just for mail.app
see the 29-Aug-2009 Updates entry at http://macgpg.sourceforge.net/ for
some history.
It is this plugin that is reborn at
gpgmail.org

see http://www.gpgmail.org/support/index.html for general instruction
and installation of it.

From: Elliott Roper on
In article <0001HW.C87DCBBB00C857F4B01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
Martin S Taylor <mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:

> Rowland McDonnell wrote
> > Can anyone advise? I've got an Intel iMac and MacOS X 10.6.4 and I'd
> > like a secure installation of GPG with a GUI - what's the best download
> > to go for and what bits do I need?
>
> On <http://macgpg.sourceforge.net/> you can download GNU Privacy Guard 1.4.9,
> GPG Keychain Access (to allow you to access existing Keychains) and the mail
> program, which Elliott gave a link to.
>
> I've also downloaded GPGFileTool which should let me encrypt freestanding
> files, but doesn't seem to work. Any help, anyone?

I never found one once I gave up on PGP Corp. I use gpg from the
command line or from Emacs.

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: iPad case
Next: MacBook Pro Failure