From: Henry Wilson DSc on
Since gravitation exerts a force on both matter and light, might it not also
affect electric and magnetic fields directly?

If so, might it not follow that the artificial distortion of an electric or
magnetic field should give rise to a gravitational force?

Since magnetic and electric fields frequently coexist and since they provide
the only known means of distorting each other, is it not conceivable that
gravity is indeed just a manifestation of all the mutual field distortion
present in all matter.

Henry Wilson...

........Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.
From: dlzc on
Dear Henry Wilson DSc:

On Aug 3, 2:30 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> Since gravitation exerts a force on both
> matter and light, might it not also affect
> electric and magnetic fields directly?

Gravitation does not exert a *force* on matter or light.

> If so, might it not follow that the
> artificial distortion of an electric or
> magnetic field should give rise to a
> gravitational force?

Gravitation distorts jello. If we can make distorted jello, do you
think a gravitational force will result?

> Since magnetic and electric fields
> frequently coexist and since they provide
> the only known means of distorting each
> other,

Other than gravity...

> is it not conceivable that gravity
> is indeed just a manifestation of all the
> mutual field distortion present in all matter.

No, not based on your premise, and your lack of development.

Note that materials affect electric (permittivity is pretty constant
but not exactly so) and magnetic (ferro-, para- and dia-magnetism)
fields differently than there mass would otherwise indicate.

I had hoped you would have asked if measurements had been done to
establish how those fields are altered by "elevation" in a g field (as
opposed to "horizontal" distance). That would be interesting...

David A. Smith
From: john on
On Aug 3, 3:30 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> Since gravitation exerts a force on both matter and light, might it not also
> affect electric and magnetic fields directly?
>
> If so, might it not follow that the artificial distortion of an electric or
> magnetic field should give rise to a gravitational force?
>
> Since magnetic and electric fields frequently coexist and since they provide
> the only known means of distorting each other, is it not conceivable that
> gravity is indeed just a manifestation of all the mutual field distortion
> present in all matter.
>
> Henry Wilson...
>
> .......Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.

Radiation coming from all electrons from all
directions mediates gravity and
inertia. When we constrain local electrons
to follow circular paths, they radiate in a
preferential direction. This is magnetism.
When two electrons get close they repel
each other. Charge.
john
galaxy model
From: BURT on
On Aug 3, 2:30 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> Since gravitation exerts a force on both matter and light, might it not also
> affect electric and magnetic fields directly?
>
> If so, might it not follow that the artificial distortion of an electric or
> magnetic field should give rise to a gravitational force?
>
> Since magnetic and electric fields frequently coexist and since they provide
> the only known means of distorting each other, is it not conceivable that
> gravity is indeed just a manifestation of all the mutual field distortion
> present in all matter.
>
> Henry Wilson...
>
> .......Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.

An electric push would be through curved space. So is a magnetic push.
There is falling in gravity simultaneously in the Earth's
magnetosphere.

Mitch Raemsch
From: mpc755 on
On Aug 3, 5:30 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> Since gravitation exerts a force on both matter and light, might it not also
> affect electric and magnetic fields directly?
>
> If so, might it not follow that the artificial distortion of an electric or
> magnetic field should give rise to a gravitational force?
>
> Since magnetic and electric fields frequently coexist and since they provide
> the only known means of distorting each other, is it not conceivable that
> gravity is indeed just a manifestation of all the mutual field distortion
> present in all matter.
>
> Henry Wilson...
>
> .......Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.

Dark matter and matter are different states of the same material.
Dark matter is displaced by matter.
Dark matter is not at rest when displaced.
Dark matter displaced by matter exerts pressure towards the matter.
Pressure exerted by displaced dark matter towards matter is gravity.

Maxwell's displacement current is dark matter displacement.