From: Jerry and Ce on
Thanks, but I don't have 'column headings' in my folders.

So, if it's possible to do this:

>> What I want to be able to do is to select ALL the available details,
>> and to apply this to ALL folders, so that in future I can select the
>> arrange option I want from the right-click menu.

how do I do it?

From: Bob I on
Yes you do, column headers contain the "label" of the column. Right
click on "Name" or "Size".

From: Jerry and Ce on
No I don't.
On my PC I only see columns if I am in Details view and not many of my
folders are set that way, for various reasons related to folder content.

From: Bob I on
If you want Details as you stated, then yes you have to be in Details view.

From: Greg Russell on
In news:OTMUEWGxKHA.3560(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
Twayne <nobody(a)spamcop.net> typed:

>>> Hi Guys, I'd appreciate a bit of advice.
>>
>> There are a great many knowledgeable women in the worl of
>> computing ... why do you exclude them in your questions?
>
> Why do YOU post off topic?

If you think addressing the OP's behaviour of excluding women is somehow
"off topic" when he specifically mentions it, then you're just as bad as he
is. Worse even, for pretending that what's right in front of your face
doesn't exist.