From: Jerry and Ce on
Hi Guys, I'd appreciate a bit of advice.
In any folder, when you right-click and choose Arrange Icons By, you get a
list of ways they can be arranged.
I know that you can add to this list from the menu bar by choosing
View/Choose details.
What I want to be able to do is to select ALL the available details, and to
apply this to ALL folders, so that in future I can select the arrange option
I want from the right-click menu.
Is this possible?
Many thanks,
Jerry

From: Greg Russell on
In news:hnkpb8$7rf$1(a)speranza.aioe.org,
Jerry and Ce <jerry(a)alfa164.freeserve.co.uk> typed:

> Hi Guys, I'd appreciate a bit of advice.

There are a great many knowledgeable women in the worl of computing ... why
do you exclude them in your questions?

From: VanguardLH on
Jerry and Ce wrote:

> Hi Guys, I'd appreciate a bit of advice.
> In any folder, when you right-click and choose Arrange Icons By, you get a
> list of ways they can be arranged.
> I know that you can add to this list from the menu bar by choosing
> View/Choose details.
> What I want to be able to do is to select ALL the available details, and to
> apply this to ALL folders, so that in future I can select the arrange option
> I want from the right-click menu.
> Is this possible?
> Many thanks,
> Jerry

Open Windows Explorer.
Use the sorting you want, like using the Details view.
Tools -> Folder Options -> View
Click the "Apply to all Folders"
From: Jerry and Ce on
As I said, this is not the usual question.
I know how to apply a particular view to all folders.
That is not what I am asking.
Please re-read:

From: dadiOH on
Jerry and Ce wrote:
> Hi Guys, I'd appreciate a bit of advice.
> In any folder, when you right-click and choose Arrange Icons By, you
> get a list of ways they can be arranged.
> I know that you can add to this list from the menu bar by choosing
> View/Choose details.
> What I want to be able to do is to select ALL the available details,
> and to apply this to ALL folders, so that in future I can select the
> arrange option I want from the right-click menu.
> Is this possible?
> Many thanks,
> Jerry

Possible, yes; sensible, no.

The items shown under "arrange by" are the column headings. You can select
the column headings to be shown by right clicking one; that will spit out a
list of many possibilities. Select them all and you'll wind up with an
unreadable window.

Right clicking to "arrange by" does nothing except sort the contents of the
window by whatever you choose; you can do the same thing by clicking the
column heading you want to sort by and that is quicker and easier.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...