From: Chewy509 on

Jim Carlock wrote:
> Chewy509 wrote:
> > Well, I've updated my own site ( http://chewy509.atspace.com
>
> Neat.
>
> The third click on the "colors" style button results in what? The
> loss of colors?

Hi Jim,

It's designed to remove all formatting, so should be as close to Plain
Jane HTML as possible. (For those that don't like pretty colours and
like to dwell in the glory of the past).

> Anyways, those buttons could be placed with
> absolute positioning inside some <div> tags to prevent movement
> when the margins of the page change.

Yeah, I know about that, but just haven't done the changes to fix that
particular style sheet...

--
Darran (aka Chewy509) brought to you by Google Groups!

From: Chewy509 on

Evenbit wrote:
> Chewy509 wrote:
> > Hi Nathan (and everyone else),
> >
> > Well, I've updated my own site ( http://chewy509.atspace.com/index.html
> > ), so that you are able to select to visual style whilst viewing the
> > page, including changing the font and font size! With the right
> > combination, you can make my site look like a site 'written circa '95',
> > or you can have a more modern feel... (Controls are in the top right
> > corner and requires javascript support to be turned on). All this while
> > still maintaining HTML 4.01 compliance which means that the *widest*
> > possible audience should be able to view my website as intended...
>
> I like it! That's a neat idea to let the viewer chose the font size...
> those with poor eyesight can view in comfort.
>
> Nathan.

Hi Nathan,

:)

The thing is, as resolutions get higher even some of us with 20/20
vision need to increase the resolution on some sites just to make them
readable. (Hint: Viewing 10pt text on a 19" CRT @ 1600x1200 is small
even for those of us with 20/20 vision). Ability to adjust the font
size dynamically should be a *requirement* for any modern website, plus
it makes the site more accessible to a wider audience! ;) The way I see
it, what's the point of having the information available if it's hard
to find or even when you do find it, it's hard to read (whether that be
through colour choice, font choice or just poor layout).

--
Darran (aka Chewy509) brought to you by Google Groups!