From: Puddin' Man on
On Mon, 31 May 2010 11:15:18 -0400, "KCB" <bcgc_qc(a)hootmail.com> wrote:

>I have a P6X58D PREMIUM with Realtek HD, using a Cooler Master HAF 932 case.
>I set the audio in BIOS to HD, plugged the front panel wires in, and it has
>worked with no problems. Win7 Professional - 64 bit. The drivers were
>latest available from ASUS when I built the machine. I rarely use the CD
>sent with hardware because they're usually outdated.

The "Old Story" was that CD drivers were often outdated, but would get you
started (generally functional).

I guess the "New Story" is ... just flip the CD in the back yard to see
if your dawg can chomp on it. :-)

You run X58, different from my H55 Southbridge. My Realtek audio chip
is marked ALC889. Same chip as you have?