From: Puppet_Sock on
On Jul 23, 3:39 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
[snip]
> If electrons and protons attract they would form neutronium when  they
> come together.

If there were an energetically favorable reaction that was
allowed by conservation of various quantum numbers, then
an electron and a proton would form a neutron.

However, a neutron is higher energy than a proton and an
electron just sitting at rest near each other. So, the
reaction you imply is prevented by energy conservation.
To make it go, you have to put in energy. Neutrons will
spontaneously decay to an electron, a proton, and an
anti-neutrino. Look up Beta decay.

In addition, under some circumstances, a proton can
capture an electron, and produce a neutrino and a neutron.
It requires energy input. Look up electron capture.

And, one more in addition: It is not clear that you would
get neutronium even if the reaction did procede. Neutronium
is, under most circumstances, not very stable. The one
place it may form, that I am aware of, is a neutron star.
And that requires some very special circumstances.
And a lot of energy.
Socks
From: BURT on
On Jul 23, 1:11 pm, Puppet_Sock <puppet_s...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 3:39 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > If electrons and protons attract they would form neutronium when  they
> > come together.
>
> If there were an energetically favorable reaction that was
> allowed by conservation of various quantum numbers, then
> an electron and a proton would form a neutron.
>
> However, a neutron is higher energy than a proton and an
> electron just sitting at rest near each other. So, the
> reaction you imply is prevented by energy conservation.
> To make it go, you have to put in energy. Neutrons will
> spontaneously decay to an electron, a proton, and an
> anti-neutrino. Look up Beta decay.
>
> In addition, under some circumstances, a proton can
> capture an electron, and produce a neutrino and a neutron.
> It requires energy input. Look up electron capture.
>
> And, one more in addition: It is not clear that you would
> get neutronium even if the reaction did procede. Neutronium
> is, under most circumstances, not very stable. The one
> place it may form, that I am aware of, is a neutron star.
> And that requires some very special circumstances.
> And a lot of energy.
> Socks

It should not require energy if they both attract each other in a
double attraction amongst the two.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Igor on

BURT wrote:
> The proton and electron would attract each other in a kind of double
> attraction originating from both their fields. They would come
> together under attraction and form neutronium. We could manufacture
> neutronium this way if it was right. Clearly their attraction in
> todays physics is wrong. There is only one electric pole and it is
> always repulsive for both the proton and electron and amongst the two.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

If you understood anything about orbital mechanics, you would
understand just how silly you are.

From: BURT on
On Jul 24, 2:42 pm, Igor <thoov...(a)excite.com> wrote:
> BURT wrote:
> > The proton and electron would attract each other in a kind of double
> > attraction originating from both their fields. They would come
> > together under attraction and form neutronium. We could manufacture
> > neutronium this way if it was right. Clearly their attraction in
> > todays physics is wrong. There is only one electric pole and it is
> > always repulsive for both the proton and electron and amongst the two.
>
> > Mitch Raemsch
>
> If you understood anything about orbital mechanics, you would
> understand just how silly you are.

If there is attraction between both protons and electrons then they
would come together to form neutronium.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Igor on
On Jul 24, 6:52 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2:42 pm, Igor <thoov...(a)excite.com> wrote:
>
> > BURT wrote:
> > > The proton and electron would attract each other in a kind of double
> > > attraction originating from both their fields. They would come
> > > together under attraction and form neutronium. We could manufacture
> > > neutronium this way if it was right. Clearly their attraction in
> > > todays physics is wrong. There is only one electric pole and it is
> > > always repulsive for both the proton and electron and amongst the two..
>
> > > Mitch Raemsch
>
> > If you understood anything about orbital mechanics, you would
> > understand just how silly you are.
>
> If there is attraction between both protons and electrons then they
> would come together to form neutronium.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

By your lack of logic, if there is attraction between the Earth and
Moon, they should have collided eons ago. Learn some orbital
mechanics. Pick up a real physics textbook and put down those comic
books.