From: Monica on
When I first got my new 8100 system w/ the above keyboard, the "music note
icon" on the audio/sound console of the keyboard would open my iTunes
program. Have NO idea why now when I press the icon, it opens SB Audigy
Surround Mixer. Since the keyboard doesn't seem to come with it's own
drivers (still find that hard to believe) I have no way of reconfiguring it.
I looked in the iTunes and SB programs but don't find a way of changing it
back. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Monica

From: Kevin on
Did you look in Control Panel>Printers and Other Hardware>Keyboards?

From: Monica on
Well of course :) Thanks for the suggestion tho.

From: User N on

"Monica" <monicakm(a)cox-internet.com> wrote in message news:tcjAe.31696$up5.23397(a)lakeread02...
> When I first got my new 8100 system w/ the above keyboard, the "music note
> icon" on the audio/sound console of the keyboard would open my iTunes
> program. Have NO idea why now when I press the icon, it opens SB Audigy
> Surround Mixer. Since the keyboard doesn't seem to come with it's own
> drivers (still find that hard to believe) I have no way of reconfiguring it.
> I looked in the iTunes and SB programs but don't find a way of changing it
> back. Any suggestions?

TweakUI provides the ability to define custom actions for keyboards
that have extra navigation keys. Never played around with it though.
If you wanna try, the download can be found on this page:

Run it, double click on Explorer to expand it, then click on Command
Keys.

From: S.Lewis on

> Well of course :) Thanks for the suggestion tho.
>
> "Kevin" <webman6(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Did you look in Control Panel>Printers and Other Hardware>Keyboards?
>>
>> "Monica" <monicakm(a)cox-internet.com> wrote in message
>>> When I first got my new 8100 system w/ the above keyboard, the "music
>>> note icon" on the audio/sound console of the keyboard would open my
>>> iTunes program. Have NO idea why now when I press the icon, it opens SB
>>> Audigy Surround Mixer. Since the keyboard doesn't seem to come with
>>> it's own drivers (still find that hard to believe) I have no way of
>>> reconfiguring it. I looked in the iTunes and SB programs but don't find
>>> a way of changing it back. Any suggestions?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Monica

Check the bottom of the USB mm keyboard. If it is a Dell RT7D10, then
you're looking for Dell Touch (netropa) driver R50535.exe.(at the Dell FTP
site; ftp://ftp.dell.com/input/ ) or perhaps Dell USB/PS2 keyboard driver
here: http://www.netropa.com/download/mmkbd/download.html#upgrades

The RT7D10 has a total of (7) hotkeys across the top; volume up, down,
browser home, next, previous, email.

The software is buggy and not worth the hassle, imo ...

The software association with your audio player can be set in control
panel/keyboard/properties/delltouch....(set key)

Stew

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Bios Password Removal