From: nsrascal2 on
Hi,
I just bought a used Dell Latitude D600 and it has a password in Bios that
will not allow me to change any settings .Can anyone tell me a backdoor
Password that will unlock this feature?
Thank you

From: Tom Scales on
Contact Dell and provide proof of ownership and they'll be happy to help
you.

From: nsrascal2 on
I have tried that route and they will not help me because I do not have any
transfer of ownership .I bought this at a pawn shop

From: Jupiter Jones on
Dell is the source for the password, or the original owner.
Otherwise you may have bought a paperweight.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

From: William P. N. on
<nsrascal2(a)ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>I have tried that route and they will not help me because I do not have any
>transfer of ownership .I bought this at a pawn shop

In an ideal world, pawn shops are required to keep track of where they
bought that kind of thing, and have a bill of sale from the original
owner. Ask Dell if it's been reported stolen, or if they will contact
the owner of record for you.

Ask the pawn shop for help? Again, they are supposed to keep track of
where stuff came from, for the express purpose of not getting stuck
with stolen merchandise. Alternately, sell it back to the pawn shop,
with the difference in price the cost of the lesson in buying a pig in
a poke.