From: Mary Weatherford on
I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with Win XP sp2. Every time I try to start
"Dell Media Experience" I get the message that I have to install it and
wants a CD with the file DMX.MSI. If I ignore this the Dell Media Experience
will launch. I have contacted Dell three times requesting this file. They
have sent me 2 CDs neither one solve the problem. Today after long waits
(what else?) with Dell they told me all I could do was wipe my entire hard
drive and re-install everything. I told them "NO WAY!"

They now claim my Win XP is corrupted that is why I am having this issue.

Does anyone know what is going on? Or where I can get the DMX.MSI file?

They gave me an invalid web address http://www.wpi.edi/~nbold/r77061.exe so
that did no good

Thank you anyone who know about this.

Mary Weatherford

From: Ric on
Go to this dell web page for the answer

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=sw_mediaexp&message.id=1384

From: Dan Sgambelluri on
the link is http://www.wpi.edu/~nbold/R77061.EXE

it is edu not edi and the filename R77061.EXE all had to be capitalized

From: Mary Weatherford on
Thank you Ric. I have sent them the request. Keep you fingers crossed.
I am puzzled that the three people in Dell tech support could not help me. I
wonder what I am paying for?
As for the link, I just put in a typo in my message. I knew it was edu not
edi

Again, Thank you
Mary Weatherford

From: S.Lewis on

> Thank you Ric. I have sent them the request. Keep you fingers crossed.
> I am puzzled that the three people in Dell tech support could not help me.
> I wonder what I am paying for?
> As for the link, I just put in a typo in my message. I knew it was edu not
> edi
>
> Again, Thank you
> Mary Weatherford

My thanks also. I had wondered how to locate the DME download, just in case
someone actually asks for it.....

Stew