From: aliuk147 on
8) 8) 8Hello People... I have exactly what your all looking for a
Utility that work on any dell portable including the latest d series,
not tried on a desktop yet but im sure it will work on a desktop. This
particular utility is brilliant can either run of a USB flash drive or
a simple floppy which deletes/ changes the service tag!! Not the asset
Tag the service tag..

If you want a copy of this utility. email me a aliuk147(a)yahoo.com

There is also a very cool utility to make your D800 load an M60 BIOS
so it will support PC2700 Memory. I wonder if it changes the
Graphics capabilities. I've always thought the Inspiron 8600,
D-series
and M60 were only really separated by BIOS settings and cosmetics.

Im sure we can come to some dealý J
) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

From: for free on
http://www.images.lunarpages.com/uxga/dos/bios/

and download Dell Portable Systems NVRAM Erase Utility. It is for free on
the net and on ftp.dell.com

From: Fixer on
You dont need any utility to clear the NVRAM, to do this all you need is
enter the BIOS and put on caplock, scroll lock and num lock and then hit alt
e + alt f and alt b system then reboots and the nvram is cleared however
clearing the NVRAM WILL NOT clear the service TAG

From: for free on
If you donwload that file you will see it is a bunch of files where also a
utility is available for the servicetag. So not an erase util.

From: Fixer on

> If you donwload that file you will see it is a bunch of files where also a
> utility is available for the servicetag. So not an erase util.
>
> Now why on earth would you want to use this :D800 to M60 USB Flash Drive
> flashBIOS Utility
(Utility that allows D800 to be flashed with the M60 BIOS to provide support
for PC2700(333MHz) RAM) util and void your warranty ???????