From: Julia on
Hello Erik,

In answer to your questions:

1. Our Authroware file doesn't require a user/pass to access it.

2.When I just enter the https URL into the browser directly to the PHP file,
the php file DOES output a result - exactly the info it should. Only when
Authroware calls that php does no result get returned. If the php file was
having problems with the database or something else, it would at least
return an error. But nothing is returned suggesting the php file is not
found or not executing.

One thing I have found is an IOstatus of 5006 being returned. The IOMessage
returns "Error undefined." Do you know what a 5006 means?

Thank you,
Julia

"Erik **AdobeCommunityExpert**" <erik(a)pasdespam.capemedia.net> wrote in
message news:elughl$ft2$1(a)forums.macromedia.com...

From: Erik **AdobeCommunityExpert** on
From the archives (link below in sig), it would seem a 5006 error would
indicate,
"the URL is probably incorrect or a value is not being returned."

So absolutely sure your URL is correct?
Is the page setup so it will respond to http as well as https, so if you
do the http URL, it does work (did you say that already?).

For the user/pass, I meant does the https page require a user/pass to
access it, not the Authorware file...but from everything you've typed,
I'd assume that's not the case.

Since they're both on the same server/path, can you load the Authorware
file successfully using the https version of the path? If so, does the
call to the https...php file work then?
It may be because the Authorware file is not loaded from an https URL
that it can't talk to the php file that is on the https URL...for
whatever reason...

5006 could also be a timeout error. Are you specifying a time argument?
Erik

From: Mark Tomlinson on

> One thing I have found is an IOstatus of 5006 being returned. The IOMessage
> returns "Error undefined." Do you know what a 5006 means?

5006 usually means the path or url is wrong ... the file cannot be found.

Mark

Authorware Media Synchronization Command:

www.authorwarextras.co.uk --> Commands

Media Synchronization made easy !

EuroTAAC eLearning 2007
www.eurotaac.com

www.AuthorwareXtras.co.uk
www.freelists.org/list/flashelearning
From: Amy Blankenship *AdobeCommunityExpert* on
When Authorware uses ReadURL it does not involve the browser. So if
Authorware needs anything the browser has, such as, oh, I don't know...a
certificate...? the call won't work. PostURL always goes through the
browser. If you can, try rephrasing the call as PostURL and reformatting
the PHP page to match.

HTH;

Amy

"Julia" <jwpryor(a)mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Hello Erik,
>
> In answer to your questions:
>
> 1. Our Authroware file doesn't require a user/pass to access it.
>
> 2.When I just enter the https URL into the browser directly to the PHP
> file, the php file DOES output a result - exactly the info it should.
> Only when Authroware calls that php does no result get returned. If the
> php file was having problems with the database or something else, it would
> at least return an error. But nothing is returned suggesting the php file
> is not found or not executing.
>
> One thing I have found is an IOstatus of 5006 being returned. The
> IOMessage returns "Error undefined." Do you know what a 5006 means?
>
> Thank you,
> Julia
>

> "Erik **AdobeCommunityExpert**" <erik(a)pasdespam.capemedia.net> wrote in
> message news:elughl$ft2$1(a)forums.macromedia.com...
>> I've had varying results with https but nothing I can conclusively
>> suggest as I've only had to deal with that but a few times.
>>
>> I would start trying to access various https URLs. Just do a ReadURL to
>> whatever https URLs you can find and see if you can read any of them?
>>
>> Many such URLs require a login, which I don't think you'll be able to do
>> via Authorware's ReadURL function... Yours doesn't require a user/pass to
>> access, does it? If so, how do you work around that?
>>
>> If you just enter that https URL into the browser, does your PHP file
>> output a result? If not, have it do that so you can see if it's the read
>> that's failing or if the data you're sending to result in an output (the
>> only output?) is not making it there in the first place.
>> Know what I mean...?
>> Erik
>>
>> Julia wrote:
>>> We are having problems with an Authorware 7 file accessing a php file on
>>> a server that is running in an SSL environment (using HTTPs).
>>> . The php file runs just fine when accessed directly via a URL
>>> (http://..../___.php).
>>> . When Authorware tries to call the same php file (using ReadURL), it
>>> doesn't return any information and acts as though either it cannot find
>>> the php file or cannot read it.
>>> . The same authorware file and php work fine on our other servers
>>>
>>> The is the configuration on the server where the problem exists:
>>> . Server 2004
>>> IIS
>>> using client certificate (put turned this off and still same
>>> problem)
>>> SSL

From: Julia on
Thank you Amy for the tip to use PostURL, but it has not solve the problem.
The only change is that now the php script (or the browser) return what I
sent the php file. It still acts as though the php script did not execute.

Julia