From: Julia on
We are having problems with an Authorware 7 file accessing a php file on a
server that is running in an SSL environment (using HTTPs).
.. The php file runs just fine when accessed directly via a URL
(http://..../___.php).
.. When Authorware tries to call the same php file (using ReadURL), it
doesn't return any information and acts as though either it cannot find the
php file or cannot read it.
.. The same authorware file and php work fine on our other servers

The is the configuration on the server where the problem exists:
. Server 2004
IIS
using client certificate (put turned this off and still same problem)
SSL
PKI

We have checked that IIS has given full permission to the user.
The php file has full permissions to the user.
One thing we made sure of is that the php file is being called with the full
https path as https://..../____.php.

Any ideas on what needs to be reset for the server? othere permissions?
security?
Or is there something different that may need to be done in Authorware to
call the php file when running in an SSL environment.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Julia

From: Terry on
Are you behind a proxy server? Are you running the Authorware file
unpackaged as an .a7p? If so, package it for the web and try again.

Terry

From: Mark Henry on
Julia,

Things to consider...

1. Is the Authorware file trusted?

2. Is the authorware file and the PHP script on the same domain/server?

3. Are the planets in alignment?

4. Have the Authorware file mime types been setup on the server?

5. Are all of the needed Xtras being downloaded to the client PC?

hth,

mark h
From: Julia on
Mark,
The Authorware file runs just fine - it just cannot access the php file. So,
I don't think it has anything to do with xtras or MIME types, but ....

1. The Authorware file is trusted.
2. the authorware file and php script are in the same folder.
3. Don't know if the planets are in alignment
4. Have not done anything special for the MIME types, but since the
Authorware file itself is running okay, I'm not sure changes need to be
made. Should I add aam, aas, aab, x32, u32.

Additionally, in answer to Terry's questions.
1. The Authroware file is packaged for the web and works fine on other
servers not using SSL.
2. They are running behind a proxy server.

Julia

From: Erik **AdobeCommunityExpert** on
I've had varying results with https but nothing I can conclusively
suggest as I've only had to deal with that but a few times.

I would start trying to access various https URLs. Just do a ReadURL to
whatever https URLs you can find and see if you can read any of them?

Many such URLs require a login, which I don't think you'll be able to do
via Authorware's ReadURL function... Yours doesn't require a user/pass
to access, does it? If so, how do you work around that?

If you just enter that https URL into the browser, does your PHP file
output a result? If not, have it do that so you can see if it's the read
that's failing or if the data you're sending to result in an output (the
only output?) is not making it there in the first place.
Know what I mean...?
Erik

--
Erik Lord