From: mikedet on
Hi,

I have been having trouble installing the Authorware Player for Internet
Explorer. When I click on "install player" and allow the ActiveX package to
run, the install bar gets as far as "Parsing Manifest", then hangs, and an
error message pops up: "Error downloading content file. Internal Error: Time
Out." I've already tried following the steps listed by Adobe for
troubleshooting (uninstalling and reinstalling activeX control, etc.), and
nothing has worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From: Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert** on
If you got to the point where you see "Parsing Manifest" then the player has
beein successfully installed. Return to the page that you were originally
trying to view and see if it runs. The dialog that says "Time out" should
also list the name of the file that timed out. Try typing that name directly
into the address bar to see if you get a 404 (file not found) or a dialog
box asking you to save the file. If the content is coming from a Server 2003
machine then the server may need the MIME types set up.

HTH,
Mike
====================
Mike Baker
Adobe Community Expert
mike-baker(a)cox.net

From: Erik L. on
I had not installed the web player at home under IE 7 yet, so just tried
and it worked without a hitch. I think problems like this are related to
either general internet issues or the overall...slowness of Adobe's servers.
So I'll download the Full 2004 cab install and host it on my AwareTips
site...once I remember the account password!...and post back when it's
ready, or check awaretips.net later tonight. It'll be the last link on
the first page. See maybe if that helps...though if it's a manifest
file, it may not...
Something to try.
Erik

--
Erik Lord
http://www.capemedia.net
From: mikedet on
The original file I was trying to view yields the same error message as does
the installation.
Just for the record, I'm using IE6 (the website with the programs I'm trying
to load doesn't yet support 7), and when I type the long address that the error
message spits out, it does return a 404 error. I don't have access to the
computer this is happening on right now so I can't provide the exact address.

From: Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert** on
If you type the filename into the address bar and you get the 404 error then
it would appear that the file is not on the server. The dialog is reporting
that the download timed out because the file is missing.

Mike
====================

> The original file I was trying to view yields the same error message as
does
> the installation.
> Just for the record, I'm using IE6 (the website with the programs I'm
trying
> to load doesn't yet support 7), and when I type the long address that the
error
> message spits out, it does return a 404 error. I don't have access to the
> computer this is happening on right now so I can't provide the exact
address.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Auth 7, PHP, with SSL