From: Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert** on
I'm guessing that you're still having this problem on the first computer
even though it worked on the other. You could try to remove it and re-run
the install. You can uninstall the player in several ways. One way is to go
to "{WindowsFolder}\Downloaded Program Files" and find "Macromedia
Authorware Webplayer Control". Right click and select "remove"
After you do that then delete everything from this folder

{WindowsFolder}\System32\Macromed\Authorwa

Also remove this folder

Documents and Settings\{user}\Application Data\Macromedia\Authorware Web
Player

After you remove these then try the installation from the Adobe website
again.

Mike
====================
Mike Baker
Adobe Community Expert
mike-baker(a)cox.net

"mikedet" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote in message
> Quoted from earlier:
>
> [Q]I have been having trouble installing the Authorware Player for
Internet
> Explorer. When I click on "install player" and allow the ActiveX package
> run, the install bar gets as far as "Parsing Manifest", then hangs, and an
> error message pops up: "Error downloading content file. Internal Error:
Time
> Out." I've already tried following the steps listed by Adobe for
> troubleshooting (uninstalling and reinstalling activeX control, etc.), and
> nothing has worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/Q]
>
> and later:
>
> [Q] The original file I was trying to view yields the same error message
as
> does the installation.
> Just for the record, I'm using IE6 (the website with the programs I'm
trying
> to load doesn't yet support 7), and when I type the long address that the
error
> message spits out, it does return a 404 error. I don't have access to the
> computer this is happening on right now so I can't provide the exact
> address.[/Q]
>
> and finally:
>
> [Q]I've tried installing the player on another computer since having this
> issue, and everything worked fine. I still don't understand why I'm
getting
> error messages during installation that give links to files that don't
exist on
> adobe's website when the installation works fine on other computers.
Something

From: mikedet on
I tried that, and am still getting the same error message.
From: mikedet on
Also, the web address that you typed is correct; I apologize for the first mistype.
From: Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert** on
Now that you've run the installation again can you list the files that were
placed in those folders for me? Let me know what files are in the
System32\Macromed\Authorwa folder and the versions, also the files that were
installed in the user profile folder... where is the awshkwv.ini file?
What's in it? Do you have full control rights in that folder? Are you a
local machine admin?

Mike

> Also, the web address that you typed is correct; I apologize for the first
mistype.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Auth 7, PHP, with SSL