From: mikedet on
Yes, the error is a timeout. Strangely, not a whole lot of time passes between the start of the install process and then the error..only about 10 seconds.
From: Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert** on
This is the wrong path name. The correct one should be this

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/authorware/authorware_player/webplr08/web
plr08complete.inf

Mike
====================
Mike Baker
Adobe Community Expert
mike-baker(a)cox.net

"mikedet" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote in message
> Ok, sorry for the delay, but here is the path in the error message
whenever I
> try to view anything/install the player:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/authorware/authorware_player/webplr08comp
lete

From: mikedet on
How can I configure the install program so that it searches for that path instead?

From: Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert** on
How did you get it to look in the wrong place to begin with? Since I don't
see the begining of this thread I may be mistaken about how you're
installing. If it's installed already and this is a PLR path in a map file
(.aam) then find the map file and open it in notepad to correct the path. If
you're trying to run the install off of the Adobe website then I suspect you
might have just typed in the path wrong when you posted to the newsgroup.
The installer on Adobe's site has been working for years and I used it three
times last week. Perhaps you could recap what's going on - are you hosting
the player yourself? If it's your installer then don't refer to MM's inf
files - place them on your server.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19519

Mike
====================

From: mikedet on
Quoted from earlier:

[Q]I have been having trouble installing the Authorware Player for Internet
Explorer. When I click on "install player" and allow the ActiveX package to
run, the install bar gets as far as "Parsing Manifest", then hangs, and an
error message pops up: "Error downloading content file. Internal Error: Time
Out." I've already tried following the steps listed by Adobe for
troubleshooting (uninstalling and reinstalling activeX control, etc.), and
nothing has worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/Q]

and later:

[Q] The original file I was trying to view yields the same error message as
does the installation.
Just for the record, I'm using IE6 (the website with the programs I'm trying
to load doesn't yet support 7), and when I type the long address that the error
message spits out, it does return a 404 error. I don't have access to the
computer this is happening on right now so I can't provide the exact
address.[/Q]

and finally:

[Q]I've tried installing the player on another computer since having this
issue, and everything worked fine. I still don't understand why I'm getting
error messages during installation that give links to files that don't exist on
adobe's website when the installation works fine on other computers. Something
in general internet settings maybe? I have no idea.[/Q]

I really appreciate your assistance.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Auth 7, PHP, with SSL