From: John John - MVP on
So you already had a free partition on which to install Linux?

Use Gparted in your Linux installation or download BootItNG and boot the
computer with it and see if the Windows partition is hidden. There is
no need to install BootItNG, hit cancel at the installation screen and
you will be taken to the Maintenance mode where you will be able to
verify and change the partition's hidden status if necessary.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootit-next-generation.htm

John

From: philo on
Simooon19 wrote:
> Yea, I downloaded the file and installed it on a CD, I installed it on
> the same disk.
> I didn't use Linux utility to prepare my system.
>
> Simon

If you did not repartition your drive first
then the problem is you have *NO* Windows installation left

(amazing)
From: Roy Smith on
On 11/30/2009 10:39 AM, Simooon19 wrote:
> Yea, I downloaded the file and installed it on a CD, I installed it on
> the same disk.
> I didn't use Linux utility to prepare my system.

Ok when you installed Linux on your PC, during the installation process
you are asked how you want it to be installed on your hard drive.
Usually the installer uses GParted to scan your drive and the the
installer asks if you'd like to use the entire drive, set them up side
by side in a dual boot or to manually set up your drive. If you chose
the dual boot, then your Windows partition was resized to allow room on
the drive for the Linux install, and either the Lilo or Grub bootloader
was written to the MBR. Once this has been done, then whenever you boot
your PC you would see a screen asking which OS you want to boot.

So which install option did you choose?

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3