From: Simooon19 on

Hey yesterday I installed Linux Ubuntu, on my computer.
It works fine.
When I try to change back the os to windows xp pro it says that autochk
is not found - skipping autocheck and it keeps on restarting.
Anyone knows how to fix this problem?
Try to explain how I can fix this. :)

--
Simooon19
Simooon19's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159277.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: John John - MVP on
Make sure that the Windows partition is not hidden. You might have
inadvertently hidden this partition when you did disk work and installed
Linux.

John

From: Simooon19 on

How can I check that?
When I look at the Windows Xp repair I can't see the system files that
I have on C:.
It looks kinda weird How can I fix this?

From: John John - MVP on
How did you install Linux, meaning did you install it on a separate
disk? Or on another partition on the same disk where Windows XP is
installed? Did you use a Linux utility to prepare your disk? Many
folks use GParted when they prepare their Linux disk or partition, you
can use it to verify if the Windows partition is hidden and unhide it if
necessary.

John

From: Simooon19 on

Yea, I downloaded the file and installed it on a CD, I installed it on
the same disk.
I didn't use Linux utility to prepare my system.

Simon

--
Simooon19
Simooon19's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159277.htm