From: JulieS on
Hi Larry,

Sorry, no. Once autofilters are enabled they are enabled for all
the fields.

Perhaps if you describe what you are trying to do, we can come up
with another approach.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

From: External Update on
Julie,

I appreciate your help on this. I am trying to generate a filter based
on a field. Now I could have the user enter the text for the field but it
would be better if they could select from a drop-down.
Any ideas?

Larry

From: JulieS on
Hello Larry,

Sorry for the delay in replying. You can try creating a custom
filter with a prompt box. I believe that depending upon which
field you select, you may get a drop-down in the prompt.

To create the prompt enter the question for the prompt in the
value section of the custom filter. The prompt text needs to be
enclosed in quotes with a question mark outside of the close
quotes. For example

Text1 contains "Which department"?